Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

12th Region Draw

Featured Replies

The last time Casey was beaten by a team from the 12th region was January 16th by none other than West Jessamine, how about the irony. The Rebs are not the same team from January my friends. We like this side of the bracket just as much as the other 3 teams. Gonna be a fun one!

 

Casey also hasn't played anyone of consequence in the 12th region since West. West is not the same team Casey faced either. Don't know who will win, but West has a good shot to be playing in the regional championship.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah if i was West fans i don't think i would over look Casey. When they played in regular season West won by 7 on there home court and DJ White had been gone for 4 days to play in Kentucky All Star football game on the day of the game came in in 2nd quarter our sixth man who had a great District Tournament was out with ankle injury and our starting point guard forgot his shoes in locker room and was playing in some Sperry Top Siders lol well might as well have been he couldnt stand up. But I hope West believes they have a easy ride to the 2nd round. :)

 

Not a West fan here. A fan of Damon, and I'm sure he'll make sure they're not overlooking anyone.

Casey also hasn't played anyone of consequence in the 12th region since West. West is not the same team Casey faced either. Don't know who will win, but West has a good shot to be playing in the regional championship.

 

I'm sure Pulaski and Rockcastle would beg to differ

I'm sure Pulaski and Rockcastle would beg to differ

 

They're more than welcome to, but it still doesn't make my statement false. Casey won't be playing those caliber teams in the region. Pulaski limped to the finish line. Outside of the Wayne anomaly who has Rockcastle played and beaten?

I'm sure Pulaski and Rockcastle would beg to differ

 

Casey got nice play out of Max Reyes in the district.. they'll need continued production out of him.

 

I give credit to Casey for winning the district, they came ready to play and made the shots they needed down the stretch. Credit. I hope they represent the 47th district well.

 

Casey may be playing better as of late, I'm sure the followers of their team know best.. However, I don't see how you can judge that by their results of the past few games. Some results are a bit misleading.

Not saying Casey can't beat West or even come out of that side of the bracket. Anything can happen at this time of year. Rockcastle could upset Mercer... reeeeeally can't see that happening. I think I prefaced my earlier statement by saying West wouldn't have an easy game on that side of the bracket, but if they had to choose a route to the championship, I think they would have chosen this draw. They could very well lose in the first round, but that would be more about them playing poorly than getting a bad draw.

They're more than welcome to, but it still doesn't make my statement false. Casey won't be playing those caliber teams in the region. Pulaski limped to the finish line. Outside of the Wayne anomaly who has Rockcastle played and beaten?

 

Outside of the Wayne anomaly, who has West Jessamine beaten? You seem like you're already convinced West will win, so why are you trying so hard to convince everyone else, lol. The only team I would consider a 'different caliber' in this region is Mercer, and they hung 18 on the colts last night.

Casey got nice play out of Max Reyes in the district.. they'll need continued production out of him.

 

I give credit to Casey for winning the district, they came ready to play and made the shots they needed down the stretch. Credit. I hope they represent the 47th district well.

 

Casey may be playing better as of late, I'm sure the followers of their team know best.. However, I don't see how you can judge that by their results of the past few games. Some results are a bit misleading.

 

How about the Result from January 19th, when Casey came over to Pulaski and beat em there by 5? That a misleading result?

 

You want to talk about misleading, why aren't you talking about West Jessamine beating Pulaski at home by 8 without Landon Powell all together? At least he was "50%" against us, lol.

Outside of the Wayne anomaly, who has West Jessamine beaten? You seem like you're already convinced West will win, so why are you trying so hard to convince everyone else, lol. The only team I would consider a 'different caliber' in this region is Mercer, and they hung 18 on the colts last night.

 

I'm not try to convince anyone that I don't know who will win. You want me to predict what's going to happen with a bunch of hormonal high school kids? I could try, but my opinion would be every bit as flawed as anyone else trying to do prediction threads. I THINK it will be Southwestern/Mercer and West/Wayne, but who knows who's girlfriend will breakup with them, who turns an ankle, who gets sick, ect. It could very well be the other four teams that advance. I've tried to move away from prediction commentary. It doesn't do much for me. Sorry.

 

I think I mentioned that Mercer is at the top of the region on their own. That doesn't mean that there aren't other quality teams... More flawed, but still higher quality than the middle and bottom of the region.

Outside of the Wayne anomaly, who has West Jessamine beaten? You seem like you're already convinced West will win, so why are you trying so hard to convince everyone else, lol. The only team I would consider a 'different caliber' in this region is Mercer, and they hung 18 on the colts last night.

 

And my question about Casey was "who have they PLAYED and beaten"? West has played Mercer twice, and if Casey had played Mercer twice after they played West then they'd have two loses. West gave Mercer all they wanted at West, and they probably should have won. West and Southwest gave Mercer the best games of anyone in the 12th.

I'm not try to convince anyone that I don't know who will win. You want me to predict what's going to happen with a bunch of hormonal high school kids? I could try, but my opinion would be every bit as flawed as anyone else trying to do prediction threads. I THINK it will be Southwestern/Mercer and West/Wayne, but who knows who's girlfriend will breakup with them, who turns an ankle, who gets sick, ect. It could very well be the other four teams that advance. I've tried to move away from prediction commentary. It doesn't do much for me. Sorry.

 

I think I mentioned that Mercer is at the top of the region on their own. That doesn't mean that there aren't other quality teams... More flawed, but still higher quality than the middle and bottom of the region.

 

I just wanted to know who else West has beaten, besides the Wayne anomaly of course? Anyone of consequence? East Jessamine maybe? Maybe Pulaski without Landon Powell?

How about the Result from January 19th, when Casey came over to Pulaski and beat em there by 5? That a misleading result?

 

You want to talk about misleading, why aren't you talking about West Jessamine beating Pulaski at home by 8 without Landon Powell all together? At least he was "50%" against us, lol.

 

Pulaski was missing a starter in that meeting too.

Pulaski was missing a starter in that meeting too.

 

Lol, do me a favor and make sure the concession stand has good popcorn for this tourney, last time I was there it tasted like cardboard. Cheap cardboard.

Lol, do me a favor and make sure the concession stand has good popcorn for this tourney, last time I was there it tasted like cardboard. Cheap cardboard.

 

You can take care of that.

I just wanted to know who else West has beaten, besides the Wayne anomaly of course? Anyone of consequence? East Jessamine maybe? Maybe Pulaski without Landon Powell?

 

That's fine if you want to know who West has beaten. Maybe next time don't make it a direct response to a question of "who has Rockcastle played and beaten?" That way it's a one for one conversation. West has played Mercer 3 times, Scott County, Newport Central Catholic, Southwestern, LCA, Madison Central, South Laurel, Wayne, and Dunbar. I'd say they have tested themselves. So besides the Wayne anomaly and South Laurel (Rockcastle lost by 46 and West lost by 2), who has Rockcastle played and beaten? West's 18-13 is more impressive than Rockcastle's 19-12.

 

Just my opinion. Doesn't make it right.

Edited by systemqb
Mentioned wrong team

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.