Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

12th Region Draw

Featured Replies

That's fine if you want to know who West has beaten. Maybe next time don't make it a direct response to a question of "who has Rockcastle played and beaten?" That way it's a one for one conversation. West has played Mercer 3 times, Scott County, Newport Central Catholic, Southwestern, LCA, Madison Central, South Laurel, Wayne, and Dunbar. I'd say they have tested themselves. So besides the Wayne anomaly and South Laurel (Rockcastle lost by 46 and West lost by 2), who has Rockcastle played and beaten? West's 18-13 is more impressive than Rockcastle's 19-12.

 

Just my opinion. Doesn't make it right.

 

Still didn't answer my question, but it's all good. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out on Thursday.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still didn't answer my question, but it's all good. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out on Thursday.

 

I'll answer your question, but I doubt you'll answer mine. LCA would be West's second best win behind Wayne. Outside of North Oldham, Madison Central and Bryan Station (the last two play in the tough 11th) West's losses have come against teams with 6 or fewer losses. They were blown out in a couple, but represented themselves well against most of those good teams. They have as many good wins as bad losses. That's assuming North Oldham and Bryan Station are bad losses.

Dont sleep on Boyle. They got something no other team has, and his name is Colton Elkins. I could see them beating Wayne, West, and making it to the Championship. But, I do think the champion will Come from the top half of the bracket.

Dont sleep on Boyle. They got something no other team has, and his name is Colton Elkins. I could see them beating Wayne, West, and making it to the Championship. But, I do think the champion will Come from the top half of the bracket.

 

I believe Boyle can play with anyone in the state if they take care of the ball. They haven't been able to correct that issue all year. It's a fatal flaw that's liable to rear it's ugly head at some point. They generally don't give up a lot of points, in large part due to Colton anchoring the defense, and that will keep you in the majority of games. Should be interesting to see which style wins out in this first round match up. I'd imagine if the score gets in the 70s or 80s, Wayne will prevail. Boyle would probably like a game in the 50s or low 60s.

I sense that there are a lot of west jessamine faithful on here praying to the moon. I rate their chances at winning this region at 100-1. Good luck though.

Casey also hasn't played anyone of consequence in the 12th region since West. West is not the same team Casey faced either. Don't know who will win, but West has a good shot to be playing in the regional championship.

 

Even if West Jessamine beats Casey County they won't defeat the winner of Wayne County/Boyle County.

I just wanted to know who else West has beaten, besides the Wayne anomaly of course? Anyone of consequence? East Jessamine maybe? Maybe Pulaski without Landon Powell?

 

They only lost to Mercer County by 4 points one time. Folks are hanging their hats on that one.

I think Mercer County defeating Rockcastle County is the only game we can write in pen.

 

I think the other three games are toss ups but I do feel like Casey County will beat West Jessamine and DJ White will be the difference in that game.

 

The Lincoln County/Southwestern game is intriguing. I know most folks have pegged Southwestern to win that game but I think it will be a pretty good game. Southwestern should win but that doesn't mean they will. Jeff Jackson can coach and this team believes they can win.

 

Boyle County/Wayne County will be a fun game IMO. I think it will be similar to the Boyle County/Lincoln County games from this season as it will go down to the wire. We'll see what Boyle County team shows up in the 4th quarter. IF Boyle County can defeat Wayne County then they will make it to the region finals.

It's obvious people think it should go like this:

 

Mercer over Rock

 

Southwest over Lincoln

 

West over Casey

 

Wayne over Boyle

 

 

then:

 

Mercer over Southwest

 

Wayne over West

 

then:

 

Mercer over Wayne

 

 

 

We'll see if chalk walks.

I sense that there are a lot of west jessamine faithful on here praying to the moon. I rate their chances at winning this region at 100-1. Good luck though.

 

I assume you're including me in this statement since I'm the main antagonist. I don't have a dog in this regional tournament fight. I simply mentioned how they must like this draw considering they have beaten all three teams on this side of the bracket. It doesn't ensure that they will beat any or all of them again. People took offense to the comment of West liking the draw for some odd reason. There are multiple teams that can like the draw they had. I agree that their chances of making it to the state tournament are slim. I'd be shocked if Mercer didn't win the 12th. Don't know how we got from "I can see them making it to the finals" to me being a "west jessamine faithful on here praying to the moon" they win the 12th. Praying to the moon?

 

With the exception of 2 or 3 passing conversations with Damon Kelley, I haven't had any significant interactions with West people/fans. Just calling it how I see it.

It's obvious people think it should go like this:

 

Mercer over Rock

 

Southwest over Lincoln

 

West over Casey

 

Wayne over Boyle

 

 

then:

 

Mercer over Southwest

 

Wayne over West

 

then:

 

Mercer over Wayne

 

 

 

We'll see if chalk walks.

 

That's why they play the game. Upsets make the tournament much more fun. I'm hoping for a couple. It's fun to see the underdogs get support from the fans of the other teams in the tournament.

Good times a coming fellas...good times are a comin....

That's why they play the game. Upsets make the tournament much more fun. I'm hoping for a couple. It's fun to see the underdogs get support from the fans of the other teams in the tournament.

 

I'd LOVE to see who Southwestern fans would root for at the Wayne County/Boyle County game. :lol2: :lol2:

I'd about say Boyle county, one of the SW players parents flipped the Wayne student section off last night..

I'd LOVE to see who Southwestern fans would root for at the Wayne County/Boyle County game. :lol2: :lol2:
Hell would freeze over before Southwestern cheers for Wayne County! There is no love between those 2. Probably the best rivalry over the past 4 years in the 12th Region IMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.