Open Job: Henderson County

Prep Junkie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The longer this thing drags out, the better the chances for the dark horses. It's now been open almost 2 months now. Lewis resigned what, on January 26th? Here it is March 16th and the "ten" haven't even been contacted yet.

It might not become public knowledge, but you see and hear it every year as it gets closer to summer. Current and successful head coaches start second guessing themselves. They've just started or finished spring ball with their current team, houses have to get put up and hopefully sell, etc.

A lot of factors that most don't think about or refuse to see start coming into play.

Their date to hire is March 26th or that is what they have said all a long.

I hope that's when it's made. Thinking back last time, though I don't think things were expected to be as drawn out as they ended up becoming. By the time this hire is made, it will be awful close to the same time frame when Lewis' was hired and this might be longer. They had several on their initial wish list turn it down did they not?

Doing a google search I found the article in The Gleaner from Feb. 12, 2013 of it being official that Clevenger took the Danville job and then an article from April 2nd, 2013 that Lewis had taken it.

I'm not faulting the process one bit, but things happen. I have no doubt whatsoever that many on the application list are qualified for the job.

Before clay a couple said yes then said no. Nobody did that last time but after the interviews they called Lewis who didn't even a apply for the job.

I hope that's when it's made. Thinking back last time, though I don't think things were expected to be as drawn out as they ended up becoming. By the time this hire is made, it will be awful close to the same time frame when Lewis' was hired and this might be longer. They had several on their initial wish list turn it down did they not?

Doing a google search I found the article in The Gleaner from Feb. 12, 2013 of it being official that Clevenger took the Danville job and then an article from April 2nd, 2013 that Lewis had taken it.

I'm not faulting the process one bit, but things happen. I have no doubt whatsoever that many on the application list are qualified for the job.