Highlands at Simon Kenton Tonight 2/18 : Thoughts/Predictions?

It is a Girls/Boys doubleheader in Independence tonight with the girls beginning at 6pm. Who will win the girls matchup and why? Highlands (23rd) comes in at 19-9 with the #11 rated schedule strength in the state and Simon Kenton (14th) is 19-5 with the #6 rated schedule strength. (Ratings from 2/14 Maher rankings.)

This is a tough one. Birds have been playing much better recently. They have the talent, but have suffered a lot of injuries over the season and hadn't really gelled until very recent. They have played soft and nonchalant for about 3/4 of their season so far. However, I've seen many signs of fixing those things and much more physicality in the last 4-6 games. Tonight will be a good indication of how good they are. They have played with just about everyone in the state and barring a few injuries along the way, their record could have looked much different and they most likely would have beaten some of those ranked teams they played. They had a rough span of games in a part of the season where they weren't playing very well. So for me, tonight will tell me where they really stand. Should be a good one. HHS is used to playing on the road. They didn't have a home game til January and haven't played many at home.

The best thing about this game is that the coaches of each understand why this game is the last one on the schedule every year. It is for them to get a barometer of where they stand going into the postseason.

With that said SK by 20!