Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Antivirus, what do you use?

Featured Replies

Don't use any on my MacBook. I do buy AppleCare, and it was worth it, after 2.5 years had the logic board replaced, the barrel hinge replaced, USB ports were fixed twice. I think my problem was actually my fault, on Friday night games I haul around my MacBook and a laser printer, had a cheap carryon and I think my MacBook got banged around a lot. Now have a better rolling case that holds everything well.

Utilize timely backups and spyware scanners like malware bytes and save your money (and computer resources).

Free version

 

Ditto for me

  • Author

I do have one more question. Malwarebytes uses on average 125mb of ram on my pc, BitDefender uses around the same, 100-125mb, though I've seen it run as low as 70mb. I'm not sure what Windows Defender uses but is it that much lower that I should really trust it to protect my pc in exchange for what appears would be a minimal amount of ram, while also giving up other features that BitDefender offers?

 

The main reason I ask is because I will be keeping Malwarebytes regardless of anything else I choose to do. I just don't see where 25-50mb of ram are really going to change how fast my pc runs. The only downfall I see to BitDefender is that I would be paying for it, though they do offer a free version.

FYI, there is a great ad blocker for Chrome. ublock it erases all of those unwanted ads.

Any of you encountered CryptoWall or TeslaCrypt ransomware yet?

 

Trust me...do a backup TODAY if you don't have one currently.

Malware Bytes once a week and that's it. Nothing more is needed to be honest.

Malware Bytes once a week and that's it. Nothing more is needed to be honest.

 

All you folks that are living lives similar to this.....it's only a matter of time. You will get caught. Keep those backups current and most importantly, at arms length from your system.

All you folks that are living lives similar to this.....it's only a matter of time. You will get caught. Keep those backups current and most importantly, at arms length from your system.

 

14 years and counting

All you folks that are living lives similar to this.....it's only a matter of time. You will get caught. Keep those backups current and most importantly, at arms length from your system.

 

14 years and counting

 

Exactly. Never once worried about losing anything.

I've been in the IT field for 14 years and I personally think the two biggest wastes of money are antivirus software and support contracts on certain equipment or software.

 

This made me laugh because it's so true. I recently built my own rig and dumped quite a bit on my graphics card, Microcenter tried to get me to buy their 2 year warranty on it. What most people dont know is that my graphics card already has a 2 year warranty on it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.