Oregon State Player Intentionally Trips Referee

Clyde

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I remember correctly, it was for going after a fan for the fan using a racial slur.

It was, but he never laid hands on the guy...I believe they were separated early on. That fan baited him into it as well.

I personally think this is much worse.

Worse? It's debatable but I not in my opinion. Much worse? Not a chance.

I'll disagree that "worse" is debatable. Most people can understand a black guy reacting to a redneck. Not getting a call is not the same.

I'll disagree that "worse" is debatable. Most people can understand a black guy reacting to a redneck. Not getting a call is not the same.

Then I guess we will have to disagree. I don't care what a fan says, players can't go into the stands after them. What do you think would have happened had no one stopped Smart? What if he gets to the guys and beats him silly? Is this still worse?

Then I guess we will have to disagree. I don't care what a fan says, players can't go into the stands after them. What do you think would have happened had no one stopped Smart? What if he gets to the guys and beats him silly? Is this still worse?

I know where your stance is coming from.

I'm saying that while we all know both acts are wrong Smart's is more understandable.

As to the discussion about Smart, that was much worse than this IMO. He tripped the ref. Deplorable. Not near as bad as going into the stands after a fan though.

I also find it interesting that this is getting the reaction it is, when the BYU player decking the Utah kid for no reason was met with "ehh, major overreaction".

Nah, now it's equitable.....

Intentionally tripping an official, for any reason, should be subject to a lengthy suspension, if not dismissal for the year.

What if he had punched the official after the call ? Would we view it differently then ?

I know where your stance is coming from.

I'm saying that while we all know both acts are wrong Smart's is more understandable.

I agree that Smarts reaction is more understandable. However that to me doesn't make it a less of an offense.

Like Chris Rock said "I'm not saying he should have killed her, but I understand..."