Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oregon State Player Intentionally Trips Referee

Featured Replies

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second angle will do him in. You can see the look in his eyes.

  • Author

edit

If I remember correctly, it was for going after a fan for the fan using a racial slur.

 

It was, but he never laid hands on the guy...I believe they were separated early on. That fan baited him into it as well.

 

I personally think this is much worse.

I watched this happen live. I'm still in shock as to how in the world a player would think tripping a ref would end well.

It was, but he never laid hands on the guy...I believe they were separated early on. That fan baited him into it as well.

 

I personally think this is much worse.

 

Worse? It's debatable but I not in my opinion. Much worse? Not a chance.

He should be dismissed from the team. No place for this.

 

If he has a history of issues I agree but I don't think they need to send him packing if this is a first offense.

  • Author
Worse? It's debatable but I not in my opinion. Much worse? Not a chance.

 

I'll disagree that "worse" is debatable. Most people can understand a black guy reacting to a redneck. Not getting a call is not the same.

I'll disagree that "worse" is debatable. Most people can understand a black guy reacting to a redneck. Not getting a call is not the same.

Then I guess we will have to disagree. I don't care what a fan says, players can't go into the stands after them. What do you think would have happened had no one stopped Smart? What if he gets to the guys and beats him silly? Is this still worse?

  • Author
Then I guess we will have to disagree. I don't care what a fan says, players can't go into the stands after them. What do you think would have happened had no one stopped Smart? What if he gets to the guys and beats him silly? Is this still worse?

 

I know where your stance is coming from.

 

I'm saying that while we all know both acts are wrong Smart's is more understandable.

As to the discussion about Smart, that was much worse than this IMO. He tripped the ref. Deplorable. Not near as bad as going into the stands after a fan though.

 

I also find it interesting that this is getting the reaction it is, when the BYU player decking the Utah kid for no reason was met with "ehh, major overreaction".

Then I guess we will have to disagree. I don't care what a fan says, players can't go into the stands after them. What do you think would have happened had no one stopped Smart? What if he gets to the guys and beats him silly? Is this still worse?

 

Nah, now it's equitable.....

 

Intentionally tripping an official, for any reason, should be subject to a lengthy suspension, if not dismissal for the year.

 

What if he had punched the official after the call ? Would we view it differently then ?

I know where your stance is coming from.

 

I'm saying that while we all know both acts are wrong Smart's is more understandable.

 

I agree that Smarts reaction is more understandable. However that to me doesn't make it a less of an offense.

 

Like Chris Rock said "I'm not saying he should have killed her, but I understand..."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.