Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calvary Christian 58 Silver Grove 37

Featured Replies

Calvary Christian wins 5 in a row and improve to 6-1 surpassing the total number of wins from last Year. Which was 4. Ryan Neises is a real deal coach and is doing a great job with the group of kids he has.

Wade 18pts

Riley 12pts

Smith 12pts

Again happy for the Cougars!

 

They now have two major challenges on their dance card. Beth Haven and Bellevue. A win over either would be a "signature" win for the Calvary program.

 

For Christmas I wish you continued success and steady improvement.

I hope that Calvary absolutely demolishes Beth Haven after what they did to Heritage last Saturday night. There is absolutely no justifying beating a team 78-9 with the running clock rules in this state. I will be rooting heavy for the Cougars in that one.

 

Also, congrats to Calvary and Coach Neises on their early season success!

Who has Calvary played this year? I know of The Grove, but who else?

I was really impressed with Coach Neises after talking to him on our preview show. I'm definitely rooting for him and the Cougars!

I hope that Calvary absolutely demolishes Beth Haven after what they did to Heritage last Saturday night. There is absolutely no justifying beating a team 78-9 with the running clock rules in this state. I will be rooting heavy for the Cougars in that one.

 

Also, congrats to Calvary and Coach Neises on their early season success!

 

What would you suggest ?

Who has Calvary played this year? I know of The Grove, but who else?

 

Cov Latin, Dayton, Burgin, Brown, Villa Madonna, Christian Fellowship, and Grove

Khsaa Scoreboard

Cov Latin, Dayton, Burgin, Brown, Villa Madonna, Christian Fellowship, and Grove

Khsaa Scoreboard[/quote

thank you! Cant wait to watch them play Nicholas County and Bishop Brossart in late january. they dont exactly have any real tests to be quite honest.

Cov Latin, Dayton, Burgin, Brown, Villa Madonna, Christian Fellowship, and Grove

Khsaa Scoreboard[/quote

thank you! Cant wait to watch them play Nicholas County and Bishop Brossart in late january. they dont exactly have any real tests to be quite honest.

 

I agree Beth Haven will be a good test for them as well that's this Saturday at calvary 330 I think.

Cov Latin, Dayton, Burgin, Brown, Villa Madonna, Christian Fellowship, and Grove

Khsaa Scoreboard[/quote

thank you! Cant wait to watch them play Nicholas County and Bishop Brossart in late january. they dont exactly have any real tests to be quite honest.

 

Be careful what you wish for!

What would you suggest ?

 

I wasn't there so I am not sure if they pressed, ran fast breaks and shot 3's while the clock was running, but I would suggest working the ball around playing hard defense and making sure every shot is a layup (not fast break) once you're up enough to for the running clock.

 

I'm just not sure what any team can learn by piling on points when it's obvious you are the far superior team.

 

Do you think that the final score happened by accident?

I wasn't there so I am not sure if they pressed, ran fast breaks and shot 3's while the clock was running, but I would suggest working the ball around playing hard defense and making sure every shot is a layup (not fast break) once you're up enough to for the running clock.

 

I'm just not sure what any team can learn by piling on points when it's obvious you are the far superior team.

 

Do you think that the final score happened by accident?

 

I suspect it was very intentional, how do you know all those items you mentioned did not happen ? I have no reason to believe it was any type of willful or malicious behavior either.

 

But if you weren't at the game, you really wouldn't know now would you ?

 

It's a strong call out when you didn't actually witness how the final occurred.

I suspect it was very intentional, how do you know all those items you mentioned did not happen ? I have no reason to believe it was any type of willful or malicious behavior either.

 

But if you weren't at the game, you really wouldn't know now would you ?

 

It's a strong call out when you didn't actually witness how the final occurred.

 

So were you there or are you just assuming you know how the game went same as I am?

 

I understand that was a strong call out and I stick by my original statement/opinion. I have been a part of enough running clock games to understand how they work. I'll do some research and see how many points they scored in the first half because to me all bets are off in first half, press, fast break, run the score up all you want in the first half and I am ok with it. When the second half starts and it is a running clock then their are liberties you just don't take with the other team. If it turns out they scored 60 in the first half I will eat my crow and apologize to the Beth Haven coach.

 

And let me clarify, if the score was run up then that fault lies with the coach and not the players. I would never fault players for playing hard and doing their best to score up until the final buzzer.

 

I don't think you were at the game either and not really sure what your point is of stirring the pot here. I made a strong opinionated post that I was fully prepared to back up. This is something I feel strongly about and will stand by what I said. High school sports are about building character in young men and no one builds any good character by kicking someone when they are down. Playing with discipline and class teaches young men more than piling on ever will. Please tell me what you think either side learned from this game and experience?

So were you there or are you just assuming you know how the game went same as I am?

 

I understand that was a strong call out and I stick by my original statement/opinion. I have been a part of enough running clock games to understand how they work. I'll do some research and see how many points they scored in the first half because to me all bets are off in first half, press, fast break, run the score up all you want in the first half and I am ok with it. When the second half starts and it is a running clock then their are liberties you just don't take with the other team. If it turns out they scored 60 in the first half I will eat my crow and apologize to the Beth Haven coach.

 

And let me clarify, if the score was run up then that fault lies with the coach and not the players. I would never fault players for playing hard and doing their best to score up until the final buzzer.

 

I don't think you were at the game either and not really sure what your point is of stirring the pot here. I made a strong opinionated post that I was fully prepared to back up. This is something I feel strongly about and will stand by what I said. High school sports are about building character in young men and no one builds any good character by kicking someone when they are down. Playing with discipline and class teaches young men more than piling on ever will. Please tell me what you think either side learned from this game and experience?

 

How to deal with adversity comes to mind immediately.

 

Would you rather the team leading play keep away for the duration of last half ? That's typically viewed as more embarrassing than just playing the game.

 

Blowouts and running clocks are rarely about seeing how many points can be scored or showing a team up, more typically they are orchestrated attempts to do the exact opposite. Sure you have one here and there that out of control, and those are case by case.

 

If you intend to call a team out for being unsporting, you should definitely know the facts that brought that issue up, otherwise your comments are accusatory and quite honestly not fair to the team that may have tried their best to not embarrass an opponent. You make reference to "kicking someone when they are down", that's an accusation of which you do not have proof. Why would I not challenge you on your post much like you are apparently challenging this team ?

 

I respect the fact that you are prepared to back up your opinionated post, you must not have been prepared to back up what amounts to a currently unfounded attack about the character of a team during a game you didn't see….for that, I am strongly opinionated and willing to back up as well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.