Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell Co AD

Featured Replies

I see where he leaving to take the Lebanon (Oh) position - any thoughts as to who may be next?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see where he leaving to take the Lebanon (Oh) position - any thoughts as to who may be next?

 

 

Joe Roberts is leaving?

I thought Bob Jones had a part time AD job at Campbell County? Not a bad idea if he left though.:sleep:

I see where he leaving to take the Lebanon (Oh) position - any thoughts as to who may be next?

Where did you see this?

 

Joe is a great guy, outstanding amassador for Campbell County Schools and has been a pleasure to work with.

 

He had the unique ability to say "No" with a smile on his face.

 

He will be missed by the entire community!

Yes, Joe will be missed. He did a good job under some difficult circumstances. That is two good ones to leave Campbell County in the last three years.

Wow! Yet, Jones stays around to pad his retirement? What is the school thinking? I see Campbell County going nowhere fast, once again. History is repeating itself. Same as it was when I was there 20 years ago. Place still seems to be the inbred education building.

Feel sorry for the Campbell County athletics Jones was a complete joke at Newport

Joe Roberts is leaving and it is just another great person leaving a VERY undesireable place. Joe was never appreciated but he will be sorely missed. Joe is without a doubt the best athletic director in this commonwealth it is a shame and disgrace that he will be leaving. I can give you multiple reasons why he is leaving but I wll narrow it down to three. Let's just call them the "princess" the "red snapper" and the "cancer." All three of these people work in the high school and through greed, jealously, fear and malfeasance are why joe left. I will not get into anymore details about these three unless you PM me then I will tell you all you want to know about them. I will tell you as long as those threee exist in that school system the same mediocricy and stagnant athletics and test scores will exist. Things must change or Campbell will be on a crash course to be the laughing stock of athletics. Good luck to whoever applies and gets this job. Whoever you are you will be hated from day one and will fight an uphill battle your entire tenure there. Kind of like being in the 7th layer of hell. In my best opinion there is one good person left there and he is the super, just so happens another school in the same county needs a super, I wish he would apply.

Mr. Roberts is my next-door neighbor. Has always been a great person to me. I can't believe he's already going somewhere else. Good Luck to him in the future.

Mr. Roberts is my next-door neighbor. Has always been a great person to me. I can't believe he's already going somewhere else. Good Luck to him in the future.

 

 

Has he put up for sale signs yet?

Has he put up for sale signs yet?

 

Just took a drive by there this afternoon, no sign, but it is true. Confirmed at the C.A.N. meeting Tuesday night. 92Bird, I can not imagine that the high school leadership would drive two outstanding young athletic leaders away like you are saying! There has to be more to it than that.

Mustang;

 

Who will the Bishop Brossart leadership look to now for the use of Bob Miller Stadium?

 

Where did you see this?

 

Joe is a great guy, outstanding amassador for Campbell County Schools and has been a pleasure to work with.

 

He had the unique ability to say "No" with a smile on his face.

 

He will be missed by the entire community!

Wow! Yet, Jones stays around to pad his retirement? What is the school thinking? I see Campbell County going nowhere fast, once again. History is repeating itself. Same as it was when I was there 20 years ago. Place still seems to be the inbred education building.

 

 

What are you doing to make a difference..nothing??? just bad-mouthing??? If you feel so strongly then volunteer your time and efforts. Alumni of CCHS are too passive and have no passion to make things better. Make a difference. Stop being part of the problem. I am not going to comment on your negative remarks, only go out there and work even harder to be a positive influence....and guess what I did not even go to CCS or work for them, see how easy it is?

92Bird, I can not imagine that the high school leadership would drive two outstanding young athletic leaders away like you are saying! There has to be more to it than that.

 

I am very sure if you were to approach those two outstanding young athletic leaders they will reiterate the same things I am saying. Believe it, I do not lie.

Mustang;

 

Who will the Bishop Brossart leadership look to now for the use of Bob Miller Stadium?

It's that kind of mentality that may have cost Joe Roberts his job.

 

Joe did his best to be a good neighbor and be accommodating where possible, making a positive contribution to the entire Alexandria community.

 

Unforturnately, it was viewed by some as Brossart using "their" facilities, etc.

 

We have always maintained a good relationship with the administration at Campbell County, including Joe, Superintendent Anthony Strong, and several of your school board members. Joe didn't make those decisions by himself.

 

Joe was always aware that he worked for the Campbell County School System and there were times that we sought his help in remedying a problem that he was unable to help and said so.

 

We sought his help when we lost Thomas More as a venue for our Pendleton County game last winter. He would not reschedule Middle School or High School activities out of their facilities to help us out - as well he should not have.

 

We asked to use Middle School facilities for our summer youth basketball camp, and he readily admitted that was under pressure from their camp about us using their facilities to promote our program and said "No."

 

It seemed as soon as we announced that we were going to start a football program, there was an outcry that we couldn't use Bob Miller Stadium.

 

Why??? If Bob Miller Stadium is available and we pay our way, why shouldn't we use that facility????

 

I have personally broadcast Campbell County basketball and football games over the internet as a personal favor to Joe Roberts and Anthony Strong, simply because it's something that we are capable of doing for them in return for some of the things that they do for us. It's called cooperation. It exists between many public and private schools who co-exist within the same community.

 

Why should Alexandria be any different???

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.