Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 41 Ryle 37

Featured Replies

maddies basketball iq is unbelieveable.She is the best handler of basketball at her age I have seen.Her passing of the ball to the bigs is terrific and they will be better because of it.She makes every player on her team better.She can rebound with bigs and seems to know where the ball is going at all times.She is also one best defensive players I have seen.she is a d1 player and will only get better.Iam told she works very hard on her game.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maddies basketball iq is unbelieveable.She is the best handler of basketball at her age I have seen.Her passing of the ball to the bigs is terrific and they will be better because of it.She makes every player on her team better.She can rebound with bigs and seems to know where the ball is going at all times.She is also one best defensive players I have seen.she is a d1 player and will only get better.Iam told she works very hard on her game.

 

She is a great player, but man I hate when we try to "tag" a kid as D1 at this age. She may very well be, but that's tough to accomplish as things change over the years. Just a couple years ago, some were telling us this year's senior class at Ryle had 5 D1 prospects on it. They are all good, but D1 isn't easy. I wish her all the luck in the world and if her goal is to play D1, I wish the kid all the luck in the world! She is a great kid! Just don't like seeing all the pressure we place on them.

She is a great player, but man I hate when we try to "tag" a kid as D1 at this age. She may very well be, but that's tough to accomplish as things change over the years. Just a couple years ago, some were telling us this year's senior class at Ryle had 5 D1 prospects on it. They are all good, but D1 isn't easy. I wish her all the luck in the world and if her goal is to play D1, I wish the kid all the luck in the world! She is a great kid! Just don't like seeing all the pressure we place on them.

 

Now, RCC, I agree completely with what you say here in regards to the young Ryle player, and about using caution when tagging and predicting D1 futures at a very young level. However, in no way has "some" or anyone predicted 5 D1 prospects at Ryle. Not even a couple of years ago. Absolutely not.

 

First, no one, including Ryle fans has ever thought that, let alone said it.

Second, there are barely any posts here by Ryle fans, nor has there been traditionally. I am relatively certain, that you and perhaps other fans of other schools say more about Ryle - than Ryle fans. There has never been a Ryle version of UK #1 posting about girls basketball, thank goodness!

 

Appreciate your support of Ryle this season, and really respect your sense of fairness typically, but saying that is just nonsense and unneccessary.

 

"Some" may say today that 5 or 6 of the players on the team could play in college at some level if they opt to, yes! 5 at D1 ? Nope. Was never thought, certainly not discussed.

go watch KY Premier play this spring/summer. Likely chance that both girls are playing together against some of the best competition in America.

Now' date=' RCC, I agree completely with what you say here in regards to the young Ryle player, and about using caution when tagging and predicting D1 futures at a very young level. However, in no way has "some" or [i']anyone[/i] predicted 5 D1 prospects at Ryle. Not even a couple of years ago. Absolutely not.

 

First, no one, including Ryle fans has ever thought that, let alone said it.

Second, there are barely any posts here by Ryle fans, nor has there been traditionally. I am relatively certain, that you and perhaps other fans of other schools say more about Ryle - than Ryle fans. There has never been a Ryle version of UK #1 posting about girls basketball, thank goodness!

 

Appreciate your support of Ryle this season, and really respect your sense of fairness typically, but saying that is just nonsense and unneccessary.

 

"Some" may say today that 5 or 6 of the players on the team could play in college at some level if they opt to, yes! 5 at D1 ? Nope. Was never thought, certainly not discussed.

 

I agree with your posts as well, but it was said. It would take some digging because it was about 3-4 years ago, but it was said. I'll see if I can find it for you. I'm not even sure if it was in the bball thread or the AAU stuff.

I agree with your posts as well, but it was said. It would take some digging because it was about 3-4 years ago, but it was said. I'll see if I can find it for you. I'm not even sure if it was in the bball thread or the AAU stuff.

 

It was never there, but good luck ! BTW, nice win for the Birds over Walton last night? Post a thread, share some details?

What people need to worry about is how good they are at the end of their senior year, instead of 8th/9th grade, yeesh. The age difference is a big deal, lots of them are 2 years apart in age and grade. I have watched most of the girls mentioned on here and all have a bright future as players and that is what we should be happy about and our state has some talented girls.

The Premier is a great AAU organization and play in big tourneys and exposure deals rather than little tourney's. Talented young players for sure, allow them to enjoy being a young player.

The whole 2020 class in nky is loaded. Simon Kenton, a top 15 team in the state, has one 2020 girl starting and another that is one of the first girls off the bench. Grant County has a 2020 starter, and I think the tall Holy Cross girl starts (or at least is a significant contributor). Dixie and Ludlow have an 8th grade starter each I believe. There's also a varsity contributor at Campbell. In addition to all those girls, there are several more 2020 girls logging significant JV minutes at SK, Campbell, Holy Cross, and Dixie. Please feel free to add or correct where this info might be off, not 100% sure on all that.

 

But thats a lot of middle school girls logging significant varsity/JV minutes. Scherr is a great player, but she's just one of many here in our area. It would not surprise me if 4-5 nky 2020 girls end up playing D1 college when they graduate. How long has it been since nky has had that many girls in one grade go play D1? It's a good class

What people need to worry about is how good they are at the end of their senior year, instead of 8th/9th grade, yeesh. The age difference is a big deal, lots of them are 2 years apart in age and grade. I have watched most of the girls mentioned on here and all have a bright future as players and that is what we should be happy about and our state has some talented girls.

The Premier is a great AAU organization and play in big tourneys and exposure deals rather than little tourney's. Talented young players for sure, allow them to enjoy being a young player.

 

Not the proper post for singling out AAU organizations I hope that this is removed. Premier is not the only organization that plays in big tournaments it's ridiculous to only single them out.. I thought this type of thing was frowned upon in the treads.... I don't think a single one of these kids on either team has played for Premier so it's funny you mention them. I do believe they will now since the shining stars folded into the premier program

I can tell,you that while a lot of young girls show promise. It's always way premature to label them d1. Very very few have that God given athletics and combined skill at such an early age that makes them a clear cut choice. Some of the girls playing varsity you have mentioned have some challenges to overcome before they will be considered d1. For example, will they grow? If you only 5'4" then you better have some great physical abilities such as speed, shooting etc. Some have terrible habits right now on both ends of the floor. I was told to watch one girl and I saw her spin move in the lane and shoot underhanded. Must have shot underhanded in The lane 4 times. That will not work at a high collegiate level

Let the kids enjoy the experience and teach them the correct fundamentals and if they work extremely hard they may have this kind of opportunity.

Not the proper post for singling out AAU organizations I hope that this is removed. Premier is not the only organization that plays in big tournaments it's ridiculous to only single them out.. I thought this type of thing was frowned upon in the treads.... I don't think a single one of these kids on either team has played for Premier so it's funny you mention them. I do believe they will now since the shining stars folded into the premier program

 

Why would this be deleted? Igo I am pretty sure has always played for Premier. The other kids I don't know about. From where I sit there is no other AAU programs other than Premier now. Shining Stars has now joined( or that's what the posts say) and a couple smaller teams in Louisville, Legends and Shivley. Rest are just small time programs that play small tourneys or a very very watered down AAU schedule.

Igo doesn't play for either Holmes or Ryle for starters and none of the current players on either of those teams has played with premier in the past. IMO didn't think it was proper to endorse or mention an AAU program when talking about KHSAA teams. But since you have graced the thread with your expert and shallow opinion there is another organization based out of NKY that has done pretty well developing players. Contact someone with Premier and ask they will know who I'm talking about since they actively recruit their players. As for big tournaments there are a lot of them outside the EYBL, check out the USJN. I hope this leaves a lasting LEGACY with you.

USJN if I am not mistaken is run by Mike Flynn who owns Blue Star Scouting and runs the Philly Belles EYBL teams. Big Nike guy or used to be. Sponsor Blue Star teams, which are basically step children to the EYBL teams. Met Flynn once, a wealth of knowledge. But Flynn knows the money is in bad basketball. So I guess welcome to USJN/Bluestar what ever team it is you are talking about. ( PS that shows you where you stand. I don't even know who you are).

Why would this be deleted? Igo I am pretty sure has always played for Premier. The other kids I don't know about. From where I sit there is no other AAU programs other than Premier now. Shining Stars has now joined( or that's what the posts say) and a couple smaller teams in Louisville, Legends and Shivley. Rest are just small time programs that play small tourneys or a very very watered down AAU schedule.

 

We are talking about class of 2020, correct? This should make the point for the class of 2020:

2012 AAU DIVISION 1 KY STATE CHAMPION -KY ROYALS

2013 AAU DIVISION 1 KY STATE CHAMPION - KY ROYALS (NATIONAL D1 RUNNER UP)

2014 AAU DIVISION 1 KY STATE CHAMPION - LOUISVILLE FOCUS (ROYALS did not play in state tourney, entered national tourney as number 2 seed).

2015 AAU DIVISION 1 KY STATE CHAMPION - KY ROYALS (MIDWEST YOUTH NATIONAL CHAMPIONS)

 

Premier has gone to great lengths to point out that they have not played AAU in this age group. So I don't think they would agree with your designation of them as the only AAU program either.

 

It is also true that Premier wanted the Royals Class of 2020 team to play as a Premier team, and they have, in fact, now absorbed several players from that team.

 

This really should be in an AAU thread, though. We can continue the conversation there if you like.

Look I dont have a dog in this fight. I read this board sometimes and see some really "interesting things wrote" would be a nice way to put it. Im not a "Premier person" or a "AAU person". I do know who the players are in that side of basketball by way of sometime association.

 

The Royals are a small time grade school AAU program. That is the facts. You can sit on your high horse all you want and scream AAU state champs and whatever little mom and pop tourney champs all you want, but the reality of it is this. If any of these EYBL programs want a player they will get them unless the mom or dad is the coach or runs it. Its like NAIA D2 vs Major BCS basketball. If your kid is offered a spot on lets say the Union Bulldogs in Barbourville Ky which is a NAIA D2 team or UCONN who I think everyones knows about which would you take. Let me make this clear. UCONN= Premier Union= Royals.

 

And thats no knock on either Union or the Royals, just sometimes you crazy AAU coaches have not figured out your role and or pecking order in the world of big time sports( I say that because soccer and volleyball are just as bad and I deal with those people to). Not one college coach cares about the AAU state tourney. Not one. They dont care about AAU nationals. Not one. They know this is watered down bad basketball. What they do care about is the kids that are on the high level circuits, either the boys or girls side. And the Royals are not that team, boys or girls. Over the top coaches and parents are whats wrong with sports today in High School, AAU and college( see transfers in college which is driven by crazy parents and some AAU coaches).

 

So please lets stop talking this foolishness. I am sure all the players mentioned are good players. They are too young to be even having this discussion about. They are kids and are having fun. Dont ruin it for them. :thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.