Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can an Agnostic Still Get Chills During a Church Service? I did.

Featured Replies

  • Author
Okay... you are an agnostic and REALLY do not like church/Christianity/religion...

 

... but you recently were in a church and heard this young lady sing O Holy Night and you got emotional? Yeah right. How many times have you gone to Newspring Church? I know they try to make it easy to attend by having congregations in several locations-----in South Carolina!!

 

Okay, Science Friction, you didn't hear this woman sing in church. What game are you playing?

 

BTW, to answer your question--it was awful and seemed insincere. Just awful.

 

Roseangela comes to the church I attended a couple of times a each year. If you had been there, maybe you would have felt differently.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
He has dementia. This was from 2010.....He just got his years off a few. Everyone is entitled to a mistake and now we have granted him grace....

 

 

I hope I don't get dementia for a few more years. My father is showing a lot of signs of it, however. It's very sad.

 

Roseangela performed this song Sunday(2015) at the church I sometimes attend here in SE KY.

Okay... you are an agnostic and REALLY do not like church/Christianity/religion...

 

... but you recently were in a church and heard this young lady sing O Holy Night and you got emotional? Yeah right. How many times have you gone to Newspring Church? I know they try to make it easy to attend by having congregations in several locations-----in South Carolina!!

 

Okay, Science Friction, you didn't hear this woman sing in church. What game are you playing?

 

BTW, to answer your question--it was awful and seemed insincere. Just awful.

 

I'm guessing you're not all that big on "converting the wicked" are ya?

Hell, I thought it was pretty good.

What an awful, awful response. Just terrible. Yes, I am clearly not a fan of religion and have seen a lot of terrible things done in the name of religion. However, I am an extremely spiritual person(you don't have to have religion to be spiritual). In addition, I love music, including Contemporary Christian music. I have many very devout Christian friends that I associate with and when they invite me to church, I sometimes go. Anything wrong with a person skeptical of religion going to church every now and then?

I know very well about Newspring and yes, I saw and talked to RoseAngela on Sunday, not in South Carolina , but in a church in my hometown here in KY!!! In fact, she showed me the website where I could view some of her work.

 

If anyone thinks it's hypocritical for me, as a non-religious but very spiritual person, to attend church, please let me know. I didn't think I was doing anything terribly bad.

 

Do you mean that I entirely misread you in this thread? You so often mock Christians that I thought you were up to something here. I googled the name and saw that she sang at a church in S. Carolina. This coupled with the fact the video you posted was from 5 years ago made me think you fabricated the whole thing to get some kind of satisfaction that I could not fathom, hence I asked what game you were playing.

 

Science Friction, apparently you were sincere and I misread you. I clearly stuck both feet in my mouth and half my body. I sincerely apologize for my previous post and the things I said. I cannot un-ring a bell but I ask for your forgiveness. I humbly apologize for being a complete idiot and ___________ (you fill in the blank). I am completely in the wrong here.

 

Regarding the bolded section: you are not hypocritical for attending church though you are agnostic. Everyone is welcome any time. I am glad that your friendship with some Christians makes you feel welcome and glad to go to church.

 

Roseangela performed this song Sunday(2015) at the church I sometimes attend here in SE KY.

 

And this makes me a complete jerk. Again, I apologize.

 

I'm guessing you're not all that big on "converting the wicked" are ya?

 

Just the opposite of your statement but in this case I clearly blew it.

I hope I don't get dementia for a few more years. My father is showing a lot of signs of it, however. It's very sad.

 

Roseangela performed this song Sunday(2015) at the church I sometimes attend here in SE KY.

 

Sorry to hear that Science Friction. I meant no harm and did not know. I will say a prayer for your father and your entire family.

  • Author
Do you mean that I entirely misread you in this thread? You so often mock Christians that I thought you were up to something here. I googled the name and saw that she sang at a church in S. Carolina. This coupled with the fact the video you posted was from 5 years ago made me think you fabricated the whole thing to get some kind of satisfaction that I could not fathom, hence I asked what game you were playing.

 

Science Friction, apparently you were sincere and I misread you. I clearly stuck both feet in my mouth and half my body. I sincerely apologize for my previous post and the things I said. I cannot un-ring a bell but I ask for your forgiveness. I humbly apologize for being a complete idiot and ___________ (you fill in the blank). I am completely in the wrong here.

 

Regarding the bolded section: you are not hypocritical for attending church though you are agnostic. Everyone is welcome any time. I am glad that your friendship with some Christians makes you feel welcome and glad to go to church.

 

 

 

And this makes me a complete jerk. Again, I apologize.

 

 

 

Just the opposite of your statement but in this case I clearly blew it.

 

 

No problem. I appreciate the apology. I believe it was very sincere. I thought a lot about what you said previously and began thinking that maybe someone like myself who is skeptical of religion maybe has no place in the Christian experience. I've experienced a lot of ugly attitudes from Christians over the years, and I think I can speak for a lot of agnostics and atheists when I say it really pushes us farther away from religion. Christians can be as mean-spirited, (sometimes even more so) than atheists. Now, let me say emphatically that I know a lot of beautiful, sweet, tolerant, and loving Christians. Some I associate with on a daily basis. However, many Christians really need to look inward and determine if in the process of gaining religion they've lost spirituality.

Thank you again for letting me know that you misinterpreted my original statement. I hold no ill feelings whatsoever.

I'm sure it's hard for a lot of people to understand that a person who is down on religion can still be a very spiritual being.

  • Author
Sorry to hear that Science Friction. I meant no harm and did not know. I will say a prayer for your father and your entire family.

 

Thanks.

No problem. I appreciate the apology. I believe it was very sincere. I thought a lot about what you said previously and began thinking that maybe someone like myself who is skeptical of religion maybe has no place in the Christian experience. I've experienced a lot of ugly attitudes from Christians over the years, and I think I can speak for a lot of agnostics and atheists when I say it really pushes us farther away from religion. Christians can be as mean-spirited, (sometimes even more so) than atheists. Now, let me say emphatically that I know a lot of beautiful, sweet, tolerant, and loving Christians. Some I associate with on a daily basis. However, many Christians really need to look inward and determine if in the process of gaining religion they've lost spirituality.

Thank you again for letting me know that you misinterpreted my original statement. I hold no ill feelings whatsoever.

I'm sure it's hard for a lot of people to understand that a person who is down on religion can still be a very spiritual being.

 

Thank you for being gracious and accepting my apology.

There is nothing in the slightest wrong with someone who is non-religious, agnositic, or atheist attending Church or Mass. Hell, I'd say it's actually encouraged.

  • Author
Thank you for being gracious and accepting my apology.

 

 

You're very welcome, sir.

Keep spreading this Christmas cheer, gonna have to to refer to you as an evangelist! Sorry about your dad, my mother is having similar issues. You are welcome to visit my church anytime. Oh Holy Night is also my favorite Christmas song, and I wish I could have seen her performance it was beautiful!

  • Author
Keep spreading this Christmas cheer, gonna have to to refer to you as an evangelist! Sorry about your dad, my mother is having similar issues. You are welcome to visit my church anytime. Oh Holy Night is also my favorite Christmas song, and I wish I could have seen her performance it was beautiful!

 

 

Thanks. My friend from school got teary-eyed at the young lady's performance. May I ask what part of the state you are from?

Thanks. My friend from school got teary-eyed at the young lady's performance. May I ask what part of the state you are from?

 

Yes sir, just outside of Jefferson county but don't hold that against me.:)

  • Author
Yes sir, just outside of Jefferson county but don't hold that against me.:)

 

I see. Is your congregation a large one or do attend a small church?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.