Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 100 George Rogers Clark 98 (OT)

Featured Replies

Scott

 

Ohmer 54

Jolley 16

Trame 10

Dumlao 8

Englemon 6

Seay 4

Dixon 2

 

GRC

 

Anderson 25

Cornelius 23

Menchen 19

Clark 8

Israel 8

Philpot 8

Cooper 5

Graham 2

  • Replies 57
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohmer had 21 field goals - 5 threes and 16 deuces. He was 7 of 8 from the free throw line.

Scott High:

 

Jake Ohmer 54

Seay 4

Trame 10

Dumloa 8

Dixion 2

Englrnor 6

Correct spellings...

 

Dumlao

Dixon

Englemon (is the transfer from North College Hill, OH)

 

Also got word Scott just received a 6'2 Soph, transfer from Norwood, OH as well.

Does anyone lock down and play D anymore?

 

Scott had 28 personal fouls and 1 technical foul (Ohmer). Scott was 18 of 28 at the FT line.

 

GRC had 26 personal fouls. GRC was 31 of 39 at the FT line.

Correct spellings...

 

Dumlao

Dixon

Englemon (is the transfer from North College Hill, OH)

 

Also got word Scott just received a 6'2 Soph, transfer from Norwood, OH as well.

 

Only players I saw on Scott's bench that were 6'2" were CJ Seay and the young man with the wicked afro. (Which I do like)

I'm seeing a trend with Scott in their last 2 games they have allowed 90+ in each of them while scoring over 90 as well.

 

Apparently they do not defend well but make up for it by scoring at will.

 

Don't know how long that strategy will work but it's working for now.

He was in foul trouble and set part of the 3rd quarter. He shot a very high %. He may have missed 1 shot in the 4th and OT. He has such great body control, great scorer.

 

Both of these teams will make some noise come post season.

 

I, too, was told that he didn't miss very many shots tonight. Very efficient game.

 

I'll ask again, does anyone know how many shots he took?

Does anyone lock down and play D anymore?

 

I think there is a particular team from NKY that plays in the 10th, that normally throws out a pretty good defensive effort. I forget their name since no one has mentioned them in the pre season 10th rankings or NKY rankings????

Sorry about the misspelling of some names. Glad you all corrected them. @TAC Maybe someone from Scott can answer your question on how many he took. All I know is it would be a high %.

I'm seeing a trend with Scott in their last 2 games they have allowed 90+ in each of them while scoring over 90 as well.

 

Apparently they do not defend well but make up for it by scoring at will.

 

Don't know how long that strategy will work but it's working for now.

 

What about Clark giving up 100, and Pendleton County giving up 92? Doesn't look as though Scott is the only team giving up a lot of points.

 

Every team should practice free throw shooting heavily. From the early season trend there's going to be a ton of free throws shot with all the whistles being blown. This could affect the scores being higher this season as well

What about Clark giving up 100, and Pendleton County giving up 92? Doesn't look as though Scott is the only team giving up a lot of points.

 

Every team should practice free throw shooting heavily. From the early season trend there's going to be a ton of free throws shot with all the whistles being blown. This could affect the scores being higher this season as well

 

Agree on those being high numbers for GRC and PC as well but what I was implying is that consecutive games of 90+ points. While I'm sure we will see from the other schools is their high number of pts allowed will be the exception not the norm.

 

If they are putting up all them points players are taking off on the defensive end. And Scott for the last couple years have not been known for their defense.

 

If a team can game play a defenseive scheme that will slow down the scoring then Scott can and will be beat. If teams try to just score pts with them then Scott will be successful and be in a lot of games. Scott doesn't play defense.

Edited by polarbear98

Every time I see a Scott score I think it's an NBA game being played. Being of course that the NBA doesn't tend to play much defense either.. :-)

I kind of find it irresponsible and demeaning that the first reaction of so many when they see a point total is to assume that no defense is being played, as if to imply that the players involved are not really outstanding players, it is just that the other side didn't defend well. That may or may not be the case; I do not think it is here, because Jake Ohmer is the real deal. But I digress. The highest scoring game I ever witnessed personally in high school was Holmes getting beat by Bryan Station 104-102. There were at least three, and maybe four D1 players on the floor of that game, including perhaps the best player to ever come out of Northern Kentucky, Dicky Beal, and I heard the same "no defense" chatter about that game. Sometimes guys are just so good offensively that they are difficult to stop. It happens. Congratulations Jake on averaging over 40 points a game thus far in the season. I for one am a fan.

I'll ask again, does anyone know how many shots he took?

 

I would try to get an answer for you but apparently the newspaper outlets in both areas didn't know the game was even played....

I don't think anyone is saying they are not great players. Ohmer is a great scorer. Well deserved of all the accolades he gets. He had 54. The rest of the team had 46. Where was the defense on the rest of the team?

 

As for Scotts defense or lack there of to allow multiple 90+ points in back to back games says that maybe defense is not emphasized to the Eagle players.

 

If the old cliché defense wins championships holds true then Scott has major work to do.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.