Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region is Simon Kenton's to lose

Featured Replies

  • Author

I would as well. I think this might just be their year. I would love to see these seniors who have been through alot together get a chance. Especially Hester, he has been starting for this team since the 9th grade and has played his heart out every year for his team. I would love to see him get a chance to play in Rupp.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Wade still on Shelby County's team? The Derek Smith Shootout shows Shelby County was exited by Louisville Central which has been a team struggling this summer. I would say there is some substance to SK being the favored in the 8th.

 

Please don't put any faith in the summer results-- I saw SK get destroyed a couple of times by teams that shouldn't have beat them. Why did they get beat? Because everyone wasn't there. SK will have the best Guard on the floor every time they play. Their bigs will hold their own, but you can't over look Oldham, Shelby and a very very talented South O.

But Wouldn't you say that the reason that they didn't dominate in the paint was their inability to run a set offense because of slaughter's and White's tendencies( or Mike Clark's coaching style) of constantly wanting to go to a 1-4 flat and beat their man off of the dribble. You put those kids in a situation where they touch the ball alot on the post and they will own the paint. That being said I don't know if the coaching staff at Shelby will change their philosophy(and to me that is sad because I think they should won the entire tourney last year)

 

I will have to agree with your assessment above.

  • Author

I think it's fair to say that the Rockets expected a little more out of Wade than they got. He was'nt even starting for them in the region tourney.

I think it's fair to say that the Rockets expected a little more out of Wade than they got. He was'nt even starting for them in the region tourney.

Did you watch the region tourney.....He put the fear of god into all players wearing a Simon jersey. He blocked 5 or 6 shots clean and goal tended about the same. I think the rockets know exactly what they have in Wade...An intimidator on D and probably a much more consistent scorer this year.

AGAIN I WILL ASK, is Wade even on the Shelby County team? The work I have is that he has been dismissed from the team and did not play with SC in the DS Shootout.

AGAIN I WILL ASK, is Wade even on the Shelby County team? The work I have is that he has been dismissed from the team and did not play with SC in the DS Shootout.

 

Is he a multi sport athlete? That's the only thing about summer ball, it doesn't mean much...

It is true that summer ball should be discounted. However, I am asking whether Wade has been dismissed from the team. It is my understanding that Wade has been dismissed and it is permanant. Time will tell.

Did you watch the region tourney.....He put the fear of god into all players wearing a Simon jersey. He blocked 5 or 6 shots clean and goal tended about the same. I think the rockets know exactly what they have in Wade...An intimidator on D and probably a much more consistent scorer this year.

 

I've seen a bunch of HS ball in this state and him and DeWalt are the most explosive jumpers I've seen. I believe Wade had 5 goal tends but he affected more shots than that.

I saw wade helping with a children's summer camp at Shelby the first week of June. Therefore I assume he is still with the team.

Did you watch the region tourney.....He put the fear of god into all players wearing a Simon jersey. He blocked 5 or 6 shots clean and goal tended about the same. I think the rockets know exactly what they have in Wade...An intimidator on D and probably a much more consistent scorer this year.

 

He scored more points for Simon Kenton than he did for Shelby.

True, but if you don't think he was a major factor in that basketball game, you obviously know nothing about the game of basketball

:thumb: Once again well said CURTAIN, there is no doubt your dominating this thread.

I dont think the 8th will be a cakewalk or gimme for any team but I can tell you that SK will be loaded this year. Hester could be the starting pg at any school in nky (including Holmes) and many around the state. If Elbert can become a little more physical, i can see him dominating outside and inside with his size and length. Hurd is a big body down low and will play defense for you as well as score here and there.

 

IMO Shelby Co and SK are the teams to beat but Gallatin and Oldham will also play everyone tough. The 8th could be more balanced than ever this year.

  • Author

I really must not know the game of basketball than, because if goaltending is a great thing then Wade should have won Mr Basketball. And if thats what Shelby expected out of him than good for them they got what they wanted, a guy who averages 8 pts a game and 8 pts a game for the opposing team. Your right though everybody who was at that game was saying how Wade was the reason why Shelby won. Yeah thats it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.