November 18, 201510 yr Obama Admin Paused Iraq Refugee Program In 2011 With the new Bloomberg poll out that says Americans want the program on hold for now by a 53%-28% margin. With breaking news in the last hour that 5 Syrian refugees were arrested in South America using forged passports from Greece to try and enter America. Obama has precedent , his own precedent from 2011 to freeze the program for now. This isn't about being "Christian" . This is about being intelligent. We have had two Nato capitals with major attacks and a Russian plane blown out of the air. There is a direct assault on Western countries and not just a war in Syria in Iraq. We need to be so much careful in a time of war for the actual citizens of this country . This is a time of war , some may not want to admit it , but it just is.
November 18, 201510 yr I haven't gotten into the details of this issue other than knowing that one of the arguments is potential terrorists being let in. Are there govt leaders/talking heads/Joe Blows saying that only Christians should be allowed in?
November 18, 201510 yr Author I haven't gotten into the details of this issue other than knowing that one of the arguments is potential terrorists being let in. Are there govt leaders/talking heads/Joe Blows saying that only Christians should be allowed in? There is some , I'm not on that side. I think a complete freeze needs to be done and review things further. There are to many stories coming out about stolen passports from Greece. We should plug that hole.
November 18, 201510 yr Author I haven't gotten into the details of this issue other than knowing that one of the arguments is potential terrorists being let in. Are there govt leaders/talking heads/Joe Blows saying that only Christians should be allowed in? In the Bloomberg poll I quoted another 11% said continue program but only let Christians. So it's a small group and I don't agree with it. First even if that were a solution it wouldn't be hard to pose as a Christian. But obviously it makes no sense. But if you add that 11% to the 53% who want a complete free that is a most 2/3 of the country who doesn't side with Obama right now. In a country where we can't get 2/3 of the country to agree on anything.
November 18, 201510 yr I haven't gotten into the details of this issue other than knowing that one of the arguments is potential terrorists being let in. Are there govt leaders/talking heads/Joe Blows saying that only Christians should be allowed in? I believe Jeb Bush has stated that only Christian refugees should be allowed in and that they have to prove it.
November 18, 201510 yr In the Bloomberg poll I quoted another 11% said continue program but only let Christians. So it's a small group and I don't agree with it. First even if that were a solution it wouldn't be hard to pose as a Christian. But obviously it makes no sense. But if you add that 11% to the 53% who want a complete free that is a most 2/3 of the country who doesn't side with Obama right now. In a country where we can't get 2/3 of the country to agree on anything. I think that will be Obama's biggest challenge. Not that it matters but for most of his presidency it appears that a majority of the public has been against him on issues. Makes me wonder if he should be saying the refugees can't come to America even though he really wants them in. :lol2: :lol2:
November 18, 201510 yr Author I think that will be Obama's biggest challenge. Not that it matters but for most of his presidency it appears that a majority of the public has been against him on issues. Makes me wonder if he should be saying the refugees can't come to America even though he really wants them in. :lol2: :lol2: My point is I think he has a way to back out of his orginal stance just by pointing back to 2011 and the refugee program from Iraq. I don't think anyone on the left expected these poll numbers to be so far against their stance. I expect some rhetoric to cool off. Also if the story in Honduras about 5 refugee with stolen Greek passports ends up being as bad as it sounds , well then those guys running against Hillary have some ammo to push back.
November 18, 201510 yr Author Also to be fair to those saying let the Christians in , I do understand the reasoning behind it , I can't support it because of the optics of favoring one religion over another. But if you sit back and think about it the Christians in Syria are the ones ISIS is targeting and beheading . So there is some logic behind it , I just can't get behind those optics.
November 18, 201510 yr My point is I think he has a way to back out of his orginal stance just by pointing back to 2011 and the refugee program from Iraq. I don't think anyone on the left expected these poll numbers to be so far against their stance. I expect some rhetoric to cool off. Also if the story in Honduras about 5 refugee with stolen Greek passports ends up being as bad as it sounds , well then those guys running against Hillary have some ammo to push back. I wouldn't mind him putting it on hold and doing more to convince the American people that their safety is indeed the #1 concern of his. He needs to do that emphatically if he wants this to work.
November 18, 201510 yr Author I wouldn't mind him putting it on hold and doing more to convince the American people that their safety is indeed the #1 concern of his. He needs to do that emphatically if he wants this to work. That has been my main point behind a freeze , I've never got to eliminate it . Crazy things are happening across the globe and it all goes back to ISIS and Syria . It's all happening so fast and then Americans here we are letting thousands from that region in. So American Families are worried , they want to know how they are vetted , how secure everything is, who are these people. Rationally or unrationally people have legitimate fear and to ignore that fear is just going to allow it to grow.
November 18, 201510 yr For our Dem friends who want to be a helping hand, how about we start here? Why wait until now to worry about them?
November 18, 201510 yr Why wait until now to worry about them? More handouts. Where is this money coming from?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.