Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Putting the Syria refugee program on hold has precedent

Featured Replies

We seem to be a country that only wants to help from afar. Hey never fear though...We, Americans, are brave enough to order our young men, our missionaries, and charitable workers into dangerous areas where they could lose their lives though.

I'd like to lay something out for you lefties because I don't want it to come to pass. Obama lets in refugees and some turn out to be terrorists - there is a bombing and hundreds of Americans lose their lives- the American people rise up in anger and Democrats lose every election for years until people calm down.

I'd like to lay something out for you lefties because I don't want it to come to pass. Obama lets in refugees and some turn out to be terrorists - there is a bombing and hundreds of Americans lose their lives- the American people rise up in anger and Democrats lose every election for years until people calm down.

 

Hmmm... You have a point but not at the expense of American lives.

attachment.php?attachmentid=53221 ...

 

Germans didn't come over here and try to turn America into Germany. They didn't petition colleges out in California to take down American flags in classrooms, they didn't go into restaurants and demand them to stop selling pork, they didn't invent political correctness. They respected America, got jobs, paid taxes and lived the American dream.

Hmmm... You have a point but not at the expense of American lives.

 

That's exactly why I said I don't want it to come to pass. The price of 1 life would be too high.

I'd like to lay something out for you lefties because I don't want it to come to pass. Obama lets in refugees and some turn out to be terrorists - there is a bombing and hundreds of Americans lose their lives- the American people rise up in anger and Democrats lose every election for years until people calm down.

 

I'm no Democrat, but I would guess that lasts about 1 election cycle and perhaps 2. American voters are fickle and will move on to the next issue easily. This is assuming another attack doesn't come under GOP watch. Then things might move more quickly.

 

Democrats certainly don't have the magic bullet to stop terrorism, but Republicans don't either, despite how many bullets they stockpile.

Terrorism foreign or domestic seems to ignore party lines.

Germans didn't come over here and try to turn America into Germany. They didn't petition colleges out in California to take down American flags in classrooms, they didn't go into restaurants and demand them to stop selling pork, they didn't invent political correctness. They respected America, got jobs, paid taxes and lived the American dream.

 

They didn't, did they. But Americans feared they would.

We also place Japanese immigrants anf even Japanese Americans in camps. And we shouldn't forget the McCarthyism era.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.