Alan Dershowitz says colleges are descending into facism

All Tell

LINK

“When I went to speak at Johns Hopkins University there were protests," he said. “It was said that because I won’t acknowledge that Israel commits crimes against the Palestinians, I am quote ‘harassing students’ and violating the ethical standards of Johns Hopkins University.”

“By expressing my opinion,” he continued, “I am ‘harassing students.’ This has become a very serious problem not only in American universities, but in universities around the world as well. And it is influencing and having a terrible impact on the education of students.”

Perhaps some campuses are worse than others, but in my experience the "fascism" is not as bad as it sounds.

For example, I wore a Rand Paul t shirt last year (just after he announced his candidacy) and one of the many comments I got that day was from a good friend: "Oh...so you're a Republican? Ew." I said, "No, I'm actually an independent, but I'd rather see an okay candidate win than a trainwreck of a candidate."

She said "cool," and we are still good friends today. Not all liberals are hypocritical in the context of tolerance, FWIW.