Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3A Third Round: Caldwell County/Elizabethtown predictions

Who Wins? 56 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Caldwell County
      57%
    • Elizabethtown
      42%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I have followed Etown all year. They have a very nice team. Good balance running and throwing on offense with a steady defense. Paducah was a nice win. I was curious how they would play against them. Handled them easily I thought. Rick the schedule was pillow soft though. Somebody else put up the combined record and it was not pretty. Good thing is it doesn't matter and we are still playing this week. Let's keep winning and schedule strength won't matter! Region champs!

  • Replies 36
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to CalPreps, both Elizabethtown and Caldwell claim the same three teams -- Paducah Tilghman, North Hardin, Adair County in that order -- in their top four WINS (not overall opponent played, but best team beat).

 

Elizabethtown beat the three combined by more points, 62-55, and allowed far less (101-57).

 

Elizabethtown's best four wins are Tilghman, North Hardin, Adair, North Oldham.

Caldwell has Franklin-Simpson, Tilghman, North Hardin, Adair.

 

So while Caldwell has a tougher schedule, all it means is it has a better LOSS (of course, E'town doesn't have any, regardless of strength of schedule) and ONE slightly better win. If you want to pick nits that Caldwell routed better teams than E'town, that's like arguing UK basketball played better cupcakes than Duke in November and December. Big whoop.

 

After last week's performances against PT and Adair, E'town jumped to second in 3-A and Caldwell slipped to sixth.

 

CalPreps actually considers E'town a 5.8 favorite on a neutral field. Not sure how much Caldwell gets for a home field.

 

calpreps.com

 

Elizabethtown's actually up to 15th overall in the state, meaning it would be FAVORED against No. 24 Mayfield (which Caldwell lost to) and No. 47 Franklin-Simpson (which Caldwell claims as its best win). So apparently the computer says Caldwell playing Mayfield and F-S doesn't mean much, if anything, when it comes to E'town.

 

calpreps.com

 

That all being said, I would NOT be shocked to see Caldwell win. At all.

 

E'town hasn't faced a prolific passing attack like this in a while (NH being the best one, and E'town had its struggles when NH went no-huddle and two-minute offense).

 

E'town hasn't had to fight in a while. Don't know the last time it trailed.

 

Caldwell is at home. E'town has a looooong bus ride (significantly longer and colder and windier than any this season). And Caldwell is hungry after how the last two years ended, coming so close to the semis (E'town got beat at home last year in the first round and on the road in the first round in 13).

 

But to act like Caldwell is a two-TD favorite and will hang a ton of points on E'town is ludicrous.

 

The facts/data/history just doesn't support it.

 

If Caldwell wins, I hope the Tigers give Central/LexCath all they want (E'town has a long, and not so good, history when it comes to Central. Very few teams scare E'town like Central does. There's a huge mental block for the Panthers when it comes to the Jackets).

I think this one is a true tossup game. There has only been one person post that it would be 2 TD's or more.

According to CalPreps, both Elizabethtown and Caldwell claim the same three teams -- Paducah Tilghman, North Hardin, Adair County in that order -- in their top four WINS (not overall opponent played, but best team beat).

 

Elizabethtown beat the three combined by more points, 62-55, and allowed far less (101-57).

 

Elizabethtown's best four wins are Tilghman, North Hardin, Adair, North Oldham.

Caldwell has Franklin-Simpson, Tilghman, North Hardin, Adair.

 

So while Caldwell has a tougher schedule, all it means is it has a better LOSS (of course, E'town doesn't have any, regardless of strength of schedule) and ONE slightly better win. If you want to pick nits that Caldwell routed better teams than E'town, that's like arguing UK basketball played better cupcakes than Duke in November and December. Big whoop.

 

After last week's performances against PT and Adair, E'town jumped to second in 3-A and Caldwell slipped to sixth.

 

CalPreps actually considers E'town a 5.8 favorite on a neutral field. Not sure how much Caldwell gets for a home field.

 

calpreps.com

 

Elizabethtown's actually up to 15th overall in the state, meaning it would be FAVORED against No. 24 Mayfield (which Caldwell lost to) and No. 47 Franklin-Simpson (which Caldwell claims as its best win). So apparently the computer says Caldwell playing Mayfield and F-S doesn't mean much, if anything, when it comes to E'town.

 

calpreps.com

 

That all being said, I would NOT be shocked to see Caldwell win. At all.

 

E'town hasn't faced a prolific passing attack like this in a while (NH being the best one, and E'town had its struggles when NH went no-huddle and two-minute offense).

E'town hasn't had to fight in a while. Don't know the last time it trailed.

 

Caldwell is at home. E'town has a looooong bus ride (significantly longer and colder and windier than any this season). And Caldwell is hungry after how the last two years ended, coming so close to the semis (E'town got beat at home last year in the first round and on the road in the first round in 13).

 

But to act like Caldwell is a two-TD favorite and will hang a ton of points on E'town is ludicrous.

 

The facts/data/history just doesn't support it.

 

If Caldwell wins, I hope the Tigers give Central/LexCath all they want (E'town has a long, and not so good, history when it comes to Central. Very few teams scare E'town like Central does. There's a huge mental block for the Panthers when it comes to the Jackets).

 

This is what I base my thoughts on. Caldwell will play a two minute offense the whole game. This is most definitely the best all around offense that E'town has seen, not just the passing game either. E'town has a good defense that mostly play zone, and I do not feel that will be a very good strategy against the offense they will see, Caldwell can really spread the field on you in a hurry. I wouldn't necessarily give the edge to E'town on the defensive side of the ball. Caldwell's defense is very well suited for the offensive attack that E'town will bring to Princeton.

I have only watched E'town on tape, and have not seen them live. E'town is a VERY good team. They have some really good skill players, and both lines seem pretty solid.

I think the difference may be how E'town reacts in a fight. Caldwell will not quit coming, and have been battle tested late in the season (Mayfield). Of course, being a Caldwell fan and them playing at home I will give them the definite advantage.

Having said all of that, I am by no means looking past E'town, and don't for one second think the Tigers are either. E'town comes in undefeated and playing very good football. I wouldn't be surprised to see a close one at the end, but I will stick with my previous pick.

 

GO TIGERS

I actually could see one side or the other winning this game by 20-21 points. If one team gets up a couple of scores in the second half and the other side starts pressing or panics, I could see one side getting a cheap score out of it and pulling away.

 

Football is weird like that sometimes, which is why comparing final scores isn't always a great indicator. For instance, I think Paducah Tilghman is a lot closer in talent to both Caldwell and Elizabethtown than the scores show.

 

It's also why it's difficult to determine just how good Caldwell's defense is or is not. When the Tigers get up on people, they sub a lot on defense and special teams and give up some cheap scores. It doesn't really matter if you beat somebody 61-24 or 61-39, you still win, but it does have an impact on stats, ratings and things like that.

 

I THINK this game will be a 45-42 type game, because I think both defenses are going to have their hands full Friday night. But it wouldn't surprise me to see a 42-21 score either.

The good thing is NO Computers are playing Friday night!

 

I have been Super Impressed with Caldwell all year. I probably underestimated Elizabethtown more than any team in this half of the state this year. With that fluff being said, Home Field is important here and maybe is the difference between two pretty even teams. I'll take Caldwell 28-27.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.