Virginia man tased 20 times in 30 mins, shackled and dies in police custody

SportsGuy41017

My question is, if the man is not coked up, does not kick out the window and take off running does he get tased at all? May not even be arrested. While 20 times (I only saw about 10) may be excessive, it just goes to show that drugs are bad and doing dumb things in front of cops is bad.

You know you and I disagree on this line of thinking. Him being high or drunk does not excuse the officers for whatever excessive force they may subsequently use.

I understand that but 20 times still feels very excessive. Especially for a man already cuffed. I have to think someone in there, the 3 officers on scene could've physically restrained him.

they tried and failed. Hence the Tazing.

You know you and I disagree on this line of thinking. Him being high or drunk does not excuse the officers for whatever excessive force they may subsequently use.

I knew it would not be received well by some, but you know where I stand on showing respect for the law. I did say the 20 times was a bit much, but had he not wigged out he would live to get high another day. My guess is he is a role model citizen as well?