Gator chows down on python at Florida golf course

theguru

Do the everglades still have a huge python issue? Remember watching a documentary a few years ago about how the large snakes were disrupting the ecosystem.

According to the locals yes. Additionally, you have more aggressive African Rock Pythons mating with larger Burmese Pythons and the fear is the genetic mixture will produce super Pythons that are large and aggressive.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am told large pythons often try to eat gators and sometimes things don't go as the python planned. Wonder if that is one of those cases?

Any guess is a good one but based on that one photo I am going with dumb Python too close to the water and the gator took advantage of the opportunity.

People actually live down there in that state-sized swamp. They do it on purpose.

:lol2:

Now that you mention it and I think more about my past visits to FL once we get to our vacation destination which is the beach. Other than transportation back to the airport I'm never more than a mile from the beach itself to avoid said gators, snakes...etc!

Sharks and jellyfish suit me just fine...

:thumb:

Now that you mention it and I think more about my past visits to FL once we get to our vacation destination which is the beach. Other than transportation back to the airport I'm never more than a mile from the beach itself to avoid said gators, snakes...etc!

Sharks and jellyfish suit me just fine...

:thumb:

There snakes all over even close to the beach. My cousin lives on the intercostal and sees snakes all the time.

Who on Gods good earth did that!!!

I tried to upload my Silver Surfer avatar last night and apparently there's been a "lowering" of allowable pixels...

Your killing me smalls!!!

We wouldn't want the limit to be too high.

And do you mean his Silver Surfer?

silver-surfer-vaporizer_2.jpg

Do the everglades still have a huge python issue? Remember watching a documentary a few years ago about how the large snakes were disrupting the ecosystem.

I believe they have certain days of the year where it's open season on the hybrid pythons.