Kentucky Judge: Yes, people can shoot down drones flying over their land

theguru

If he actually shot it down with a shotgun' date=' then it had to be fairly low correct...I mean I duck hunt, and they have to get pretty close before you can hit them...[/quote']

Some buck shot actually has pretty good range. Wouldn't take much to shoot one of those things down.

I wouldn't want the thing flying over my land, I can tell you.

Not upset with the decision... but I'll never miss a chance to take a swipe at a Bullitt County judge. So many bad experiences down there I don't practice in that county anymore.

I understand exactly what you mean, some Judges/Counties have their own brand of justice.
Try the state of Alabama on just for fun.:sour:

Very interesting topic. Drones are the newest example of how the law hasn't kept up with technology. I completely agree with the judge. Shoot them down, ask questions later.

Lets say you are having a cookout in your backyard with old friends. You are laughing and talking like all friends do...harmless jokes all around, but definatey not something you would not share with strangers. Your neighbor's 13 Y/O son flies a harmless drone over your yard, and the next day you are on Facebook being stupid amongst friends. Is that right?

Drones have a huge potential to violate our privacy.

Edited by Beechwoodfan