20 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Greenup County
    • Harrison County

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things definitely up for Greenup right now, and it may be too early to talk about next year but I've heard that some athletes from other sports may be playing next year (The Hubbert kid that will play basketball this year, apparently is 6'5 and a guard and also heard Gage Hughes)

99.9999% sure that Gage Hughes will not play football. He hasn't played football since 4th grade. Plus, he will make his college mark in baseball. But, stranger things have happened.

Maybe Coach Mullins pulled out his guitar and enticed Hughes with his musical talent!

:lol:

99.9999% sure that Gage Hughes will not play football. He hasn't played football since 4th grade. Plus, he will make his college mark in baseball. But, stranger things have happened.

Maybe Coach Mullins pulled out his guitar and enticed Hughes with his musical talent!

:lol:

He is the lower chance, I know he is committed to Cincy I think but he has tweeted about it before.

Maybe it is the bucket hat he has, I don't know.

I think Greenup wins the game in a low scoring affair. Greenup D is very good, and offense will get just enough done to squeak out the win. As far as the Gage Hughes situation, I agree I don't see him playing football and taking on a chance getting hurt but colleges do like you to play as many sports as possible in high school to make you more well rounded so I wouldn't completely count out the possibility.

Harrison does struggle defensively with the run game. If it's a rainy night....and you factor in the travel time for Greenup.....could be interesting.

Like another posted stated.....a win for either team would be a huge shot in the arm for their program. However.....Harrison has already won more games this year than the last 3 or 4 combined......so they've already seen some positives regardless of the outcome. But this game and a potential 2nd round game is definitely important. Harrison loses roughly 20 seniors. With a freakishly small sophomore class.....any positives going forward can only help grow the program.

Edited by Big Jake
spelling

I think Harrison has been underestimated this season. Don't think that their bunch of Seniors are going to lay down and die for Greenup. If Greenup wins they are going to have to play hard and earn it. Harrison has a lot going for them right now and everyone seems healthy. I guarantee you Harrison will bring their A game!

Well....I certainly feel like Harrison's offense has been underestimated this year. However...the season itself has been up and down throughout. A lot of uneven play despite playing hard. I think that's common with as many coaching changes their group of kids have went through over the past 4-5 years. IMO....their seniors need to play smarter. In the games I've seen Harrison play this season....a lot of stupid penalties. If they can limit the turnovers and penalties....IMO they have a good shot to advance into the second round

Greenup County (5-5)

vs. Lewis County (W) 35-0

at Russell (L) 13-19

at Fleming County (W) 25-8

at Raceland (L) 6-12

vs. Lawrence County (L) 15-19

vs. East Carter (W) 40-13

at Rowan County (W) 20-6

vs. Johnson Central (L) 6-35

at Ashland Blazer (L) 6-32

vs. Boyd County (W) 35-12

Harrison County (4-6)

at East Jessamine (L) 33-38

vs. North Laurel (L) 35-45

vs. Montgomery County (L) 6-42

at Grant County (W) 34-27

vs. Newport Central Catholic (L) 7-47

vs. Holmes (W) 25-14

at Scott (L) 0-43

vs. Mason County (W) 29-7

at Bourbon County (W) 43-36

vs. Lloyd Memorial (L) 37-50

Greenup County (5-5)

vs. Lewis County (W) 35-0

at Russell (L) 13-19

at Fleming County (W) 25-8

at Raceland (L) 6-12

vs. Lawrence County (L) 15-19

vs. East Carter (W) 40-13

at Rowan County (W) 20-6

vs. Johnson Central (L) 6-35

at Ashland Blazer (L) 6-32

vs. Boyd County (W) 35-12

And your point is???

Harrison most definitely played the more challenging schedule.

And your point is???

How so?

Their losses look terrible though either way. I know nothing about them but they look like an up and down team to me. That said, Greenup counties defense is the real deal. That alone will keep them in games they otherwise wouldn't have a chance in.

And your point is???

Im not sure thats true.... It close but id give the edge to Greenup in strength of schedule playing JC and Ashland. Harrisons offense has big play ability but I dont think their defense can stop anybody. Greenup has proven the whole year they can play with the explosive offenses. Dont think Harrison scores enough to beat Greenup.