Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Week 7: Is the AFC Playoff Field Already Set??

Featured Replies

We're only in week 7 of the NFL season, and IMO, the AFC playoff field is already locked in.

 

New England

Cincinnati

Denver

Indianapolis

Pittsburgh

New York Jets

 

Now the seeding and divisional winners may still be fluid, but does everyone agree, barring some sort of unforeseen collapse, these are the playoff teams this season?

 

If not, who misses out, and who takes their place?

 

And has there ever been a season where it's been this clear, this early in the season?

We're only in week 7 of the NFL season, and IMO, the AFC playoff field is already locked in.

 

New England

Cincinnati

Denver

Indianapolis

Pittsburgh

New York Jets

 

Now the seeding and divisional winners may still be fluid, but does everyone agree, barring some sort of unforeseen collapse, these are the playoff teams this season?

 

If not, who misses out, and who takes their place?

 

And has there ever been a season where it's been this clear, this early in the season?

 

I pretty much agree. The only team that I think may change it would be the Bills over the Jets. That is a weak division, but I do think we will see the Jets start to lose some more games. It will come down to who wins the Bills and Jets games. If they split I think the Jets will make it. If the Bills find away to sweep the Jets, then I think the Bills will end up making it over them.

It really makes getting that 1 seed or 2 seed even more important. No division winner is going to want to play either the Steelers or the Bengals in the wild card round depending on who wins the division in the AFC North.

  • Author

^You and your love of Rex's Bills. :D

 

They're average when healthy. They aren't even close to being healthy.

^You and your love of Rex's Bills. :D

 

They're average when healthy. They aren't even close to being healthy.

 

Their schedule is rather easy IMO, which is why I do believe they will be in it still for the playoff hunt and the Jets probably will come back down to earth soon. It most likely will be two teams from the AFC East though and two from the AFC North.

 

I don't know if it is a fact, but I would bet the AFC North has had the most playoff teams in the NFL since the NFL went to 8 divisions.

I'd like to see Miami a couple more times under Campbell before I declare their season over.

I don't see any scenario where those 6 teams don't make it. The Bills, even when healthy are a 9-7 team at the very best. More than likely 8-8. The Jets and the Steelers will both get to 10 or 11 wins IMO.

Hard to argue with that list...I think the Jets are for real and just flat out better than the Bills. Jets have a very good defense and Marshall has made a big difference for that offense...opens up things for Ivory IMO. As long as Fitz manages the game and does what he does (play smart and not turn it over), they win enough to get in. Now once they get in, I am not sure how far Fitz can take them...

I think 5 teams are set. Jets it will take a collapse but I can see that possibly happening. If it does, then likely the Bills. I try to not count out San Diego with their 2nd half of the season surges in the past.

Im not sold on Indy winning their division this year.

Im not sold on Indy winning their division this year.

 

Who else could win it ?

Good thread Mustang.

 

It is hard to make a case for any other teams.

 

I know the Jets are 4-1 but I wonder about them, I could see them getting bumped but my crystal ball doesn't reach that deep on bumpers.

If the Fins beat the Pats on Thursday night does it change anything?

Does AFC South winner even deserve to be in playoffs?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.