Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Cats Pause

Featured Replies

Preseason Top 10 Teams

 

1. Simon Kenton

2. Walton-Verona

3. Anderson County

4. Trimble County

5. Shelby County

6. Williamstown

7. Collins

8. North Oldham

9. Owen County

10 Spencer County

 

Region's Top 10 Players

 

1. Ally Niece, SO Simon Kenton

2. Hailey Ison, SR Walton-Verona

3. Justus Martin, SR Shelby County

4. Kaci Currens, SR Anderson County

5. Kaylee Clifford, JR Trimble County

6. Michelle Roberts, SR Collins

7. Michaela Kennedy, JR Williamstown

8. Madi Meier, JR Simon Kenton

9. Shelbe Black, JR Trimble County

10. Cat Fiorito, SR North Oldham

 

by John Herndon Anderson News

Those SK/WV games will be something to see this fall.

Shelby Harmeyer of SK will be on this list by the end of the year.

Shelby Harmeyer of SK will be on this list by the end of the year.
Very possible, but being in Niece and Meier's shadow will be tough to overcome. VERY hard to get 3 on the All Region team. Although, I doubt her family moved her to SK to achieve individual glory. Very good player that will make SK better for sure.
  • Author

I understand that a top ten list gets crowded, but I thought I would mention some other players that my "northern part off the region" bias thought should be listed.

 

Rachel Montgomery, Williamstown

Morgan Simpson, Walton-Verona

Autumn Bowen, Gallatin County

  • Author
Shelby Harmeyer of SK will be on this list by the end of the year.

 

I'll agree on the possibility. It is likely if Harmeyer was still at Grant, she would have been listed. Who knows. Please understand I am not saying that out of meanness. I am only saying it supporting that she is that good of a talent to be listed. As FBD mentioned, for some reason, it is very, very hard for more than two players to be listed from the same school on any regional player ranking or voting.

I'll agree on the possibility. It is likely if Harmeyer was still at Grant, she would have been listed. Who knows. Please understand I am not saying that out of meanness. I am only saying it supporting that she is that good of a talent to be listed. As FBD mentioned, for some reason, it is very, very hard for more than two players to be listed from the same school on any regional player ranking or voting.

 

Very possible, but being in Niece and Meier's shadow will be tough to overcome. VERY hard to get 3 on the All Region team. Although, I doubt her family moved her to SK to achieve individual glory. Very good player that will make SK better for sure.

 

Shelby may be in Niece's shadow, but not Meier's. Madi's had a rough off season with surgery on both ankles. I'm really just hoping she stays healthy this year.

I would have thought that Gallatin County and Bowen would of been on these list.

Preseason Top 10 Teams

 

1. Simon Kenton

2. Walton-Verona

3. Anderson County

4. Trimble County

5. Shelby County

6. Williamstown

7. Collins

8. North Oldham

9. Owen County

10 Spencer County

 

Region's Top 10 Players

 

1. Ally Niece, SO Simon Kenton

2. Hailey Ison, SR Walton-Verona

3. Justus Martin, SR Shelby County

4. Kaci Currens, SR Anderson County

5. Kaylee Clifford, JR Trimble County

6. Michelle Roberts, SR Collins

7. Michaela Kennedy, JR Williamstown

8. Madi Meier, JR Simon Kenton

9. Shelbe Black, JR Trimble County

10. Cat Fiorito, SR North Oldham

 

by John Herndon Anderson News

 

Maybe this year Mr. Herndon will come up north in the region and watch some games

Maybe this year Mr. Herndon will come up north in the region and watch some games

 

That doesn't seem very fair. 3 of his top 6 teams and 4 of his top 10 players are from the 32nd.

 

Gallatin and Bowen probably think they deserve to be on this list...and maybe they do...but we will get a whole season to sort all of that out.

Most preseason info comes from coaches questionnaires...Herndon does a great job and is just reporting the info that was turned in I am sure!

Most preseason info comes from coaches questionnaires...Herndon does a great job and is just reporting the info that was turned in I am sure!
Correct.............he sends out a questionnaire to every coach. He pretty much bases his top ten lists from coaches feedback. But, that doesn't mean every coach responds. Mr Herndon does a WAY better job than that Oldham County homer use to do.
  • Author

I talked to one current and one former 8th region coach this week. Both spoke well of Mr Herndon and thought he did a good job getting info from the coaches.

I agree with most of the picks. While I totally disagree with Owen and Spencer in the top 10, I believe Alex Clifton from Owen County deserves some love. Her numbers stack up well against the other bigs on this list. And to come back from the knee injury as she did is a testiment to her drive and toughness.

Not many will agree with each list 100%. This person got left off and that team isn't high enough. I don't put too much into these. Even after the season is over, people don't agree with lists. Mr. Herndon has done a great job and each person on here makes a great case for their picks that were left off. I'm looking forward to seeing Bowen lead Gallatin and Clifton lead Owen. There are many others that are going to have a say in how the 8th goes this season. I'm ready to buy my popcorn and start watching right now. Good luck to all the teams in the region.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.