3. Justus Martin, SR Shelby County

4. Kaci Currens, SR Anderson County

5. Kaylee Clifford, JR Trimble County

6. Michelle Roberts, SR Collins

7. Michaela Kennedy, JR Williamstown

8. Madi Meier, JR Simon Kenton

9. Shelbe Black, JR Trimble County

10. Cat Fiorito, SR North Oldham

Although ones personal preference or "bias" would cause them to possibly add/trade a couple players on or off this list, I still have to admit, its a pretty doggone good list.

It got me thinking about the neighboring 9th and 10 regions, their Cat's Pause threads and the players on their list. For the sake of fun and discussion, I'm gonna throw this out there. Here goes...

The 8th region Cat's Pause team would defeat both the 9th and 10th CP's teams. (Separately of course)

Here would be my starters by position for the 8th, with the other 5 coming off the bench.

1 - Ally Niece

2 - Kaci Currens

3 - Hailey Ison

4 - Justus Martin

5 - Shelbe Black

How fun would that team be? They would have the best point guard between the 3 regions, we would be deeper and stronger in the post, and we would be an absolute mismatch nightmare between Niece, Ison, Martin and Black. Niece and Ison as guards can dominate posting in the paint and likewise, our post players have the ability to play on the permiter with great effectiveness. And btw, between Currens, Kennedy, Clifford, Ison, Neice, Black, we would shoot the lights out from 3 land stretching the defense big time. Finally our bench would be very balanced almost giving them the ability to platoon and still keep every position.

I thought I would get some 9th/10th fans stirred up a little. :popcorn:

Is there anyone else that's with me? Maybe you would change the starting line up a little? And what region between the 9th and 10 CP's list would match up the best with the balance and versatility of the 8th?

You def. didn't put an all defensive team together. I think this group would struggle to win games as I'm not sure they could stop anyone.

Fair enough. And I did think about that when I picked a "starting five" off the list.

A few thoughts in response...

1. There is still 5 other players on the list that can come off the bench anytime for defensive reasons if my mismatch attempts backfired.

2. Offensively, the 5 I listed would be very good, I think there defense would be good enough. In fact, better than one might think.

3. As far a your thought if they could stop anyone, I only mentioned the 9th and 10th and I think we'd be just fine. :lol2:

So, what line up would you use out of the CP list that you think would be more competitive defensively, without dropping offensively?

Preseason Top 10 Teams

1. Simon Kenton

2. Walton-Verona

3. Anderson County

4. Trimble County

5. Shelby County

6. Williamstown

7. Collins

8. North Oldham

9. Owen County

10 Spencer County

Region's Top 10 Players

1. Ally Niece, SO Simon Kenton

2. Hailey Ison, SR Walton-Verona

3. Justus Martin, SR Shelby County

4. Kaci Currens, SR Anderson County

5. Kaylee Clifford, JR Trimble County

6. Michelle Roberts, SR Collins

7. Michaela Kennedy, JR Williamstown

8. Madi Meier, JR Simon Kenton

9. Shelbe Black, JR Trimble County

10. Cat Fiorito, SR North Oldham

by John Herndon Anderson News

IMO: Walton being number #2 may be a little high right now as they still don't have a point guard and will have to rely on Ison to bring the ball up and that wears her down during the season. If they can possibly figure out a reasonable option for the point and not ask Ison to do it all, then they have a good chance to be really good and challenge SK for the region.

I think by the end of the season you will see 4-5 changes on that list when the all region players are announced. A couple will be from teams that have a girl on the list, but others that are potentially better than the ones listed in my opinion.

1. Madison Todd (Shelby)

2. Renfro (Collins)

3. Rogers (Anderson)

4. Gray (Shelby)

5. Howie (Spencer)

6. Bowen (Gallatin)

7. Simpson (Walton)

8. Montgomery (W-town)

In no particluar order but some of these girls will be on the all region team in my opinon at the end of the year

Wow! One must go way, way back to see both Trimble Co. and No. Oldham listed while Oldham and So. Oldham are both left out. It seems that the smaller schools have experienced a positive shifting of the balance of power. Interesting.

Wow! One must go way, way back to see both Trimble Co. and No. Oldham listed while Oldham and So. Oldham are both left out. It seems that the smaller schools have experienced a positive shifting of the balance of power. Interesting.

The unfortunate thing for small schools is their success sometimes seems cyclic. They make a run and then fade for several years. It would be nice to see the Owen, Gallatin, Trimble and Williamstown schools be contenders year after year.