Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 3 Bishop Brossart 0

Featured Replies

Campbell County was able to overcome horrible officiating to pull out the 3-0 victory. Hats off to the Brossart parents who expressed their embarrassment and apologies for the dirty play displayed by one of their own last night. Good luck to both teams.

Such detail. Care to elaborate?

Details for those of us who couldn't attend.

Is it the same girl that broke an ankle of another girl in their 1st game?

Heard it got a little chippy? Did some parents get a warning?

Officials seemed to be aware of this game from the start...warning parents of their comments during the injury timeout accordingly. Both sides will see it differently i'm sure...it was a foul (do not believe a card was warranted or given)...called correctly...it was too physical and out of control in my opinion as most plays are in soccer when two players are going for the ball i will agree..but it was a bang-bang where both went to head the ball. As for the officiating comment, not sure what calls you're referring to. I think it was a well-officiated game that needed and did have everything under control.

Camel defense was outstanding and the goalie made some nice plays!...and they kept the pressure on the offensive end for much of the game. Best of luck to both teams next week as well.

  • Author

First half foul count was 12 CC 1 Brossart when I stopped counting. Multiple Brossart players have mastered the flop. The Brossart player did receive a yellow card on the play BigDaddy refers to according to the coaches. What I observed was a Brossart player launching herself into the head of the CC player well after the ball had been cleared. I would add the same Brossart player dove onto the CC goalie well after she had secured the ball. A foul was called but no card given. When you add in the apologies of Brossart parents and their embarrassment, I feel that I observed the game correctly.

First half foul count was 12 CC 1 Brossart when I stopped counting. Multiple Brossart players have mastered the flop. The Brossart player did receive a yellow card on the play BigDaddy refers to according to the coaches. What I observed was a Brossart player launching herself into the head of the CC player well after the ball had been cleared. I would add the same Brossart player dove onto the CC goalie well after she had secured the ball. A foul was called but no card given. When you add in the apologies of Brossart parents and their embarrassment, I feel that I observed the game correctly.

 

I did not realize it was that 1 sided, I knew the fouls were different but not that bad.

If the Brossart player was given a card on the injury play, I do not have a problem with it seriously. I mentioned in my post that I felt it was too physical and out of control. I may have had a different angle to say that the ball was cleared...thought it was bang-bang...but reckless. I've witnessed too many plays this year in games where I feel yellow cards are not given out nearly enough for the safety and control of the game; and it's been that way the entire year where I think these players are fast, strong, and if more cards are given out for reckless play then i think it will save a lot of injuries in the future...which i think is the most important thing.

The foul count you mention...every parent and referee will have a different opinion on what they see and what color they are wearing (honestly). The calls for the most part are objective and they let a lot play on thru the course of the game. I'm not a fan of it...you let some grabbing and holding go and some they don't. I dont know why CC had 12 fouls to BB's 1...did they foul harder or was it more obvious? Dont know. That's why i like swimming (swim the fastest) and track/cross country (run the fastest)...there is very little objectivity.

Flops...i see more flops in the boys games...i dont see BB girls flopping on a regular basis. The tripping call in the box in the first half was the easiest call of the night...great stop by the CC goalie on the PK that followed. I didnt like the play in the 2nd half on the CC goalie either personally...but i dont know the rules of her being able to play the ball from outside the box back into the box and what was still a loose ball. Foul was called deservedly. I still feel it was a well-officiated game and we'll all have different opinions on watching the same game...and what we each see.

First half foul count was 12 CC 1 Brossart when I stopped counting. Multiple Brossart players have mastered the flop. The Brossart player did receive a yellow card on the play BigDaddy refers to according to the coaches. What I observed was a Brossart player launching herself into the head of the CC player well after the ball had been cleared. I would add the same Brossart player dove onto the CC goalie well after she had secured the ball. A foul was called but no card given. When you add in the apologies of Brossart parents and their embarrassment, I feel that I observed the game correctly.

 

 

Care to elaborate on WHAT parents, FOR WHAT and WHY. Its always a heated rivalry anytime they play from ping pong to basketball. And last night the best team won. The 6A school beat the 1A school.

Sorry to say, but the game was officiated correctly. Brossart's player made a clean play and did not deserve the yellow. The Stangs did not show up and that was on them.

Huge props to Holly Schwarber on being tourney MVP.

This is what I witnessed. 1. Camels out outplayed the Lady Stangs this time. 2. Absolutely no class during and after the win by the camel parents. Really taunting high school girls during the game and then some of the coaches after when they are trying to leave. Unbelievable!

Wow, that's hilarious...is that kettle black?...is that a spec or a plank in your eye? Ask the BB coaches, photographer, and parents about the first game. Did they yell at, belittle, and taunt a CC player for being pulled down onto a BB player? Did you see a CC parent get on here and whine about that? This was, is, and always will be a heated rivalry...things are going to happen and thick skin is needed.

Wow, that's hilarious...is that kettle black?...is that a spec or a plank in your eye? Ask the BB coaches, photographer, and parents about the first game. Did they yell at, belittle, and taunt a CC player for being pulled down onto a BB player? Did you see a CC parent get on here and whine about that? This was, is, and always will be a heated rivalry...things are going to happen and thick skin is needed.

 

I really do not find any humor in it. For the most part I don't have any problem with parents trash talking parents and student sections giving one another a hard time. I was just stating what I witnessed from the parents of one team to the players and coaches of another. I don't want to comment on your allegations from the first game. My guess is its hearsay and you did not hear first hand what was actually said and by who and how the situation might have been handled. I will say again that that CC deserved and did win that game. They played the better game just wish some adults wouldn't ruin what could be a really good environment for the kids to play in.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.