Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alert at EKU After Threatening Message Found

Featured Replies

My oldest son is a freshman at Eastern. I haven't heard from him, but I'm glad they are being safe.

This is what escalated the threat: Edited.jpg

 

It was found on a message board. It is being taken seriously enough that the Colonels game Thursday has been moved to Georgetown College. I talked to my son today and the team will not even be practicing or staying on campus.

^Okay, that's a bit terrifying.

 

Yeah, I called my son to tell him I'd feel better if he didn't stay in the dorm tonight and he said that they have moved the whole football team off of campus. Very scary stuff given recent events. With the moving of practice and the game and the closing of campus it makes me wonder if the authorities know more about the legitimacy of the threat than they are saying.

Yeah, I called my son to tell him I'd feel better if he didn't stay in the dorm tonight and he said that they have moved the whole football team off of campus. Very scary stuff given recent events. With the moving of practice and the game and the closing of campus it makes me wonder if the authorities know more about the legitimacy of the threat than they are saying.

 

Agreed. Seem to be taking every precaution imaginable, which is a very good thing.

Agreed. Seem to be taking every precaution imaginable, which is a very good thing.

 

On a less important note I hope between all the distraction of this situation and being emotionally spent from the death of their teammate and the near miss vs UK that the Colonels can focus on the game vs Tennessee Tech.

^Okay, that's a bit terrifying.

 

I just read that the picture above was posted on 4chan.

Stupid IMO

 

I could go take a crap in the bathroom there and write on the wall.

 

Are they going to cancel classes then.

 

If I was planning on doing that I sure wouldnt warn anyone.

Some stuff online too. Not worth the chance for a class or two. Give the authorities a chance to focus more on investigation than protection and maybe they'll get this guy.

Probably not anything to this. Just a foolish college kid. Campuses are full of them. We have really good kids on our campus, but it does make you wonder if it could happen anywhere. Apparently EKU views this as very serious.

Edited by Science Friction

UK invited EKU basketball to use the Craft Center for practice.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.