Bracken County 40 Dayton 0

Legacy12

Dayton had some success moving the ball between the 20's but could not execute in the red zone. Credit Brackens red zone defense for that. Also Dayton has struggled with the run all season which is what Bracken County does is run the football. Dayton had over 30 pass attempts for the second straight game and the Polar Bears have defended the pass fairly well all season, and that was no different Friday night. Several tipped passed and making good contact with would be recievers as the ball was getting there. Not to mention 5 picks in the game. With 2 or 3 potential interceptions that were dropped or just slipping through the defenders hands. There was talk of the Bracken DB's being tested in this game and I think they passed the test.

The Polar Bears just have to keep the momentum going into next weeks game vs. Paris. This was a nice bounce back win for Bracken and something to right the ship and build on.

What has happened to Dayton?

It's really sad. Things looked kind of promising from the outset. Lost our best player in the first game but there our so many other things wrong. We have no other winnable games left on the schedule. Thought we had a chance against Bracken, but they had enough speed at the skill positions to dominate. Oh, and they have a monster fullback who is a nice player, too.

Probably the single biggest thing that stands out is how slow we are. There appears to be very little coming up from the youth league to help, either. We have 3-4 pretty solid sophmore backs and a bunch of juniors coming back, but I am not going to get my hopes up like I did this season. Of course we have 6 starters, 3 speedy skill guys, that are at NCC, which enrages me.

It's really sad. Things looked kind of promising from the outset. Lost our best player in the first game but there our so many other things wrong. We have no other winnable games left on the schedule. Thought we had a chance against Bracken, but they had enough speed at the skill positions to dominate. Oh, and they have a monster fullback who is a nice player, too.

Probably the single biggest thing that stands out is how slow we are. There appears to be very little coming up from the youth league to help, either. We have 3-4 pretty solid sophmore backs and a bunch of juniors coming back, but I am not going to get my hopes up like I did this season. Of course we have 6 starters, 3 speedy skill guys, that are at NCC, which enrages me.

From what I can tell the kid playing JV QB looks to be a bright spot. He looks athletic and has a decent arm. Is he the man to take the starting job next year or is there someone above him?

From what I can tell the kid playing JV QB looks to be a bright spot. He looks athletic and has a decent arm. Is he the man to take the starting job next year or is there someone above him?

It's his if he wants it. I think he has the potential to be a good one. He is still a little passive at times, but I see that getting better by next year.

I chose to send my son to a Catholic school his 6th grade year. Can't speak for other parents, but it was the Best choice I've ever made.

Edited by Onespiritedfan