Belfry 28 Newport Central Catholic 10

Randy Parker

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard fans where throwing stuff on the field.
I didn't see any of that but I'm not saying it didn't happen.

I read where Onespiritedfan said something along those lines in the update thread. If somebody threw something on the field, it was an isolated incident. There definitely wasn't a bunch of people doing that.

If anyone saw that please tell us what happened. I assume most of the NCC folks are on the road by now but they would have had the best view.

Crazy mess indeed, not raining folks, but bad calls, horrible refs letting the game get out of hand. I say Let the teams play, but keep some order, gosh!!!!
I thought the refs let some things get out of hand with the extracurriculars. There were some emotions getting out of control, and a couple of pushing matches on each sideline. I'm surprised there wasn't a flag thrown a couple of times.

As far as bad calls, there were definitely a few, both ways. I'm not sure where this crew was from.

I only saw the one incident where something was thrown from the area of Belfry cheer section at the direction of the ncc players on the field. It looked like it was green or blue in color like pop can or bottle. May have been more than once, but I only saw it happen once, of course I wasn't watching the belfry side of the Field the whole game. It was during a play when the ball was on the hash line on the belfry side of the field around the 30-40 yard line, I believe.

I thought the refs let some things get out of hand with the extracurriculars. There were some emotions getting out of control, and a couple of pushing matches on each sideline. I'm surprised there wasn't a flag thrown a couple of times.

As far as bad calls, there were definitely a few, both ways. I'm not sure where this crew was from.

I agree

I sit on the opposite side of the stadium from the Spirit Section so I asked my son about it and he said he didn't see anyone throw anything. What exactly did you see?

Something blue was thrown onto the field, a player from NCC threw whatever it was back into the stands. Bad calls are gonna be missed but these were by far the worst officiating crew I've ever seen and to drive 4+ hrs for this was a joke. Just want to clear not blaming the refs for the loss but their definitely was some home cooking going on here tonight. The fans we met when we arrived were very nice and welcoming, completely different story during the game when fans of Belfry were saying things to our players when they were walking into the locker room at halftime, fans were sitting on NCC side saying some very obnoxious things during the entire game and to top it off while the players were eating dinner in the parking lot before they boarded their bus fans from Belfry was driving by screaming things. Wow is all I can say.