This week in girls soccer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coach just decided yesterday to only have freshman team due to many of the girls being 7th & 8th graders. There are 3 soph on the team I believe and they are gonna be asked to sit varsity and train with them.

Hard to believe a school that size can not get enough girls to have a fresh, JV and V squads!

Curious if people picking for/against HHS have watched them play this year? I have watched every game and you can't predict what they are going to do at this point in the year because you do not know what the coaching staff is going to do game to game. Kids where told all summer that he was going to play 14-15 players most of game. Most games so far 20+ kids are subbed in and out willie nillie (including 3 JV/V players). At times 1-3 players subbed at a time and at times 8-9 players subbed at a time. If you saw the second half of the Seton game, he put in a new rotation that has not played together much this year and did very little subbing; they dominated that half against Seton. There have been times in all the games where HHS looks really good and other times with certain players out on the field that they do not look good. The players have been told to expect less subbing as season goes. Will that happen? who knows, have to wait and see. I will say this team is talented if right players see the field and can beat any NKY team. I give NCC a slight edge at GK, but think HHS is better on the rest of the field.

The rotation will get tighter and tighter as the season goes along and you can rest assured that there will be many unhappy people, maybe yourself, with who is actually playing all of the minutes. Look for rotations to include "his" players, if you get what I am saying.

The rotation will get tighter and tighter as the season goes along and you can rest assured that there will be many unhappy people, maybe yourself, with who is actually playing all of the minutes. Look for rotations to include "his" players, if you get what I am saying.

I know exactly what you are saying and there is already unhappy people. The only one I am unhappy with is how you take a 3 year starting SR who is second leading returning scorer and she does not sniff the field this year.

I know exactly what you are saying and there is already unhappy people. The only one I am unhappy with is how you take a 3 year starting SR who is second leading returning scorer and she does not sniff the field this year.

First of all she was not a 3 year starter, but I get what you are saying. I guess the coaches just "forgot" about her. The day is coming where KHA or is it NKSA Wiefering takes the field for Highlands and the rest can sit back and watch.

Thread actually is about Soccer this week. Not your Highlands drama. Please start your own thread so I can avoid and not have to read it.

I'll set some facts straight here that was actually easy for me to look up. But who needs them when it doesn't help me with my agenda. You guys must be politicians.

Two things:

First is a coaching tip for you. Play your rotations now, learn how certain players interact with each other and slowly tighten the rotation. If you have managed your team correctly then toward end of year you know what you have and who can do what. That's what the coaches that coach do and not play to parents.

Lastly, I'm not sure how he can play 'NKSA Wiefring' for his team seeing as how he only has 4 kids on his roster. I also watched a Highlands game and I believe only 1 started. But again, who needs facts when they don't support your agenda.

I'm off the Highlands topic. Back to the original thread. Better yet, why don't the 4 or 5 of you haters start your own anti-Highlands website that way the 4 or 5 of you can sit and write each other all day instead of boring us.

Thread actually is about Soccer this week. Not your Highlands drama. Please start your own thread so I can avoid and not have to read it.

I'll set some facts straight here that was actually easy for me to look up. But who needs them when it doesn't help me with my agenda. You guys must be politicians.

Two things:

First is a coaching tip for you. Play your rotations now, learn how certain players interact with each other and slowly tighten the rotation. If you have managed your team correctly then toward end of year you know what you have and who can do what. That's what the coaches that coach do and not play to parents.

Lastly, I'm not sure how he can play 'NKSA Wiefring' for his team seeing as how he only has 4 kids on his roster. I also watched a Highlands game and I believe only 1 started. But again, who needs facts when they don't support your agenda.

I'm off the Highlands topic. Back to the original thread. Better yet, why don't the 4 or 5 of you haters start your own anti-Highlands website that way the 4 or 5 of you can sit and write each other all day instead of boring us.

Don't do that, it's stuff like this that bring myself and @TAC to the Soccer Forums. :lol2:

I saw the HHS team play yesterday. Not impressed. Too bad coach of HHS didn't want to reschedule Boone game and forced cancellation. When heathy Boone wins easily. When heathy HHS struggles.

Huh? I have watched boone many times this yr and hhs a couple times and I can't agree with that. Boone would really need to play well and catch hhs on a bad night to beat them IMO

Come on Allamerican21, Just a couple weeks ago you said essentially the same thing. "If BC is healthy heading into tournament time they can beat anyone in the region"

I guess if you post enough of your opinions one of them will be right. :). Just teasing you are allowed to change your mind. Let me know what you think in a couple weeks...but only if you agree with me and what you said two weeks back. :)

If you have watched this team play the last couple weeks you can see they have taken a step backwards! The lack of depth for this team really hurts them as you see by their play in the 2nd half of games lately. Can they compete with NDA, NCC and HHS with a full healthy squad? I think so but the way things have went all yr for them I really doubt they will be healthy come regional time. Good luck to them tonight vs Ryle. Number 1 seed in the districts is on the line tonight. We shall see which team shows up tonight...