Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Algae Bloom on the Ohio River ?

Featured Replies

Evidently very heavy bloom causing yucky slimy water up in the Greenup/Lewis Co areas . I thought only lakes has significant algae blooms . I've never seen an algae bloom on the river and I'm pushing 50 . What up with that this year ? There have been many years where the water was clearer and more stagnant .

Evidently very heavy bloom causing yucky slimy water up in the Greenup/Lewis Co areas . I thought only lakes has significant algae blooms . I've never seen an algae bloom on the river and I'm pushing 50 . What up with that this year ? There have been many years where the water was clearer and more stagnant .

I goose hunted on it yesterday. It's there certainly. It's not like any lake algae bloom I've ever seen. Maybe because the water is moving. It resembles pollen more than anything else

Kept me off the river all weekend.

Huntington was ready to shut down their water intakes due to this recently.. We need rain.

Huntington was ready to shut down their water intakes due to this recently.. We need rain.

 

Agreed. I was hopeful about today but it looks like I'm going to be disappointed.

 

Not to mention I carried that umbrella around downtown all day for nothing.

Agreed. I was hopeful about today but it looks like I'm going to be disappointed.

 

Not to mention I carried that umbrella around downtown all day for nothing.

 

Yeah its looking like a shower or two for most of us. Where is @nWo

Poured here in Frankfort for several minutes about 12:15.

Yeah its looking like a shower or two for most of us. Where is @nWo

I usually only post about weather if there is going to be severe weather.

  • Author

How can the weather.com site say " 100% chance of rain at 6pm " and it not rain 1 freaking drop ???

How can the weather.com site say " 100% chance of rain at 6pm " and it not rain 1 freaking drop ???

 

I don't know if you are talking about NKY/Cicinnati area. For the rest of the evening, looks like most of the rain will be southeast of a line from about Hopkinsville through Maysville.

Yeah its looking like a shower or two for most of us. Where is @nWo

 

Understandable. To me in the Ashland area it was getting pretty severe, in terms of a drought though, lol. High temps and no water were causing trees to drop leaves, grass to turn brown and crunchy when you walk on it. Not to mention the alge blooms. Thankfully it is raining now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.