3. Pikeville vs. 3A Sheldon Clark

4. Russellville vs. 4A Logan County

5. Raceland vs. 4A Greenup County

6. Campbellsville vs. 3A LaRue County

7. Fairview at Madeira (OH)

8. Paris vs. Pineville

9. Hazard vs. 2A Somerset

10. Bethlehem -- OPEN

Beechwood remains number one. How will they fair against a perennial power - Ironton? Paintsville and Pikeville treated everyone to a great game, Paintsville won and moves up, but how far behind them is Pikeville? Can anyone compete with Paintsville and Pikeville in the East? Raceland had a better showing last week, how will they play against inter-county rival Greenup County? Who should move into the Top 10 this week? Who drops out?

Why is Beechwood #1 over Paintsville?

Since you don't back up your question with any kind of an argument, I will have to assume that you think since Paintsville beat a team ranked lower than Beechwood in a borderline miracle come from behind victory in overtime at their own home field, somehow that should cause Paintsville to jump over Beechwood in the rankings. Is that your argument for Paintsville?

Or this post could just be more proof of your dislike of Beechwood, that you act like others are making up. Maybe I should start numbering these posts - p-man anti-Beechwood post #248 .

Bac, Why do you think this is the weakest schedule in a long time? They still play Cov. Cath and NCC. They removed big school Dixie and put in Ironton. To me, for at least this year, that is an upgrade. Beechwood showed what they can do against Dixie in the scrimmage a few weeks ago. Newport in, Holmes out. That could be a wash. No Skyline showdown this year but the first 2 games were road games against top 10 teams in their respective class. You talk about 3 games BW could possibly lose. Look at their record the past few years. There are some 3 loss seasons sprinkled in. How is this schedule one of the weakest in a long time?

If Brossart wins these next two weeks at home, one over a district opponent, I feel like they should deserve a top 10 spot, if Bethlehem loses to Bellevue on the 25th. That would put Brossart at 5-0 which would be the first time in school history.

I don't know how big Ironton is. If Ironton is a KY 2A or smaller school, Beechwood only has 1 team on the schedule above 2A level. That is why the schedule looks lighter. Usually Beechwood has at least three teams 3A or higher. In recent years they have had 5 schools above 2A on the schedule. There also is no 6A school on this year's schedule.

Very true Eye on the class designation of this year's opponents. As we all know, class has nothing to do with the quality of opponents and the overall quality of the schedule.

About 4 years ago or so Beechwood beat 6A SK 28-0 and I believe hung over 60 points on 6A Dixie that year. That's 5 class differences but the opponents that year in the big classes were not that formidable. Weak schedule? Dixie this year is struggling but not on BW's schedule. I agree the schedule "looks" lighter with regards to class designation of the opponents. However, in my humble opinion, it does not make the schedule one of the weakest in a long time.

I don't know how big Ironton is. If Ironton is a KY 2A or smaller school, Beechwood only has 1 team on the schedule above 2A level. That is why the schedule looks lighter. Usually Beechwood has at least three teams 3A or higher. In recent years they have had 5 schools above 2A on the schedule. There also is no 6A school on this year's schedule.

I'd venture a guess that Ironton would be 4A in Kentucky.