Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Rankings 9-7-15

Ram

Here's my question for the 1A experts!

If Russellville runs the table, can they move up in this poll? Or is #4 the ceiling for them until the playoffs?

Granted they don't play a killer schedule and of their remaining games home against 2A Murray (which looked like a much better game last week) and at 4A Franklin Simpson are the highlights of the remaining schedule.

Just curious....

Here's my question for the 1A experts!

If Russellville runs the table, can they move up in this poll? Or is #4 the ceiling for them until the playoffs?

Granted they don't play a killer schedule and of their remaining games home against 2A Murray (which looked like a much better game last week) and at 4A Franklin Simpson are the highlights of the remaining schedule.

Just curious....

Of course they can move up, not just by who they beat, but by how they beat them. And, of course, how the three teams above them play. The ranking staff not only read the stat lines, but watch a lot of games, they do a lot of work to stay "informed".

Of course they can move up, not just by who they beat, but by how they beat them. And, of course, how the three teams above them play. The ranking staff not only read the stat lines, but watch a lot of games, they do a lot of work to stay "informed".

Thanks Ram! 1A seems pretty interesting this year. There are some teams you expect up there, but the teams just below them have a chance IMO of pulling some upsets come playoff time.

Bac, Why do you think this is the weakest schedule in a long time? They still play Cov. Cath and NCC. They removed big school Dixie and put in Ironton. To me, for at least this year, that is an upgrade. Beechwood showed what they can do against Dixie in the scrimmage a few weeks ago. Newport in, Holmes out. That could be a wash. No Skyline showdown this year but the first 2 games were road games against top 10 teams in their respective class. You talk about 3 games BW could possibly lose. Look at their record the past few years. There are some 3 loss seasons sprinkled in. How is this schedule one of the weakest in a long time?

The smaller schools for one and no Highlands on the schedule and I'm sure Beechwood would beat Highlands this year or have a good of shot as any.

If this was a few years ago I would say the Somerset game would of been a dandy.