Giants and Seahawks Discussing Kam Chancellor Trade?

Seahawks brass are saying there's no chance they trade Kam... So in NFL terms, he's as good as gone. But I really hope not. He's the heart and soul of that defense. But at the same time, I don't like the precedent of negotiating with a guy who has 3 years left on his deal. As much as I love Kam, I want Pete and John to stick to their guns on this one.

Seahawks brass are saying there's no chance they trade Kam... So in NFL terms, he's as good as gone. But I really hope not. He's the heart and soul of that defense. But at the same time, I don't like the precedent of negotiating with a guy who has 3 years left on his deal. As much as I love Kam, I want Pete and John to stick to their guns on this one.

Agreed. Back when he signed he was the highest paid safety. Now that the rest of the team has signed he wants more money. I understand where he is coming from but I think he is in the wrong for not showing up. If he showed up and wanted more I feel they would have paid him earlier. It will be very interesting what he does. I highly highly highly doubt they will trade him.

I don't know all the details here but I almost always side with the players in contract disputes. The contracts are so one sided typically in the owners favor in that they can cut a guy when they want with years left on the contract. Players in the NFL have such short careers and are always only one play away from either being done or not nearly as good or valuable...I just don't fault them for doing everything they can to maximize their earnings while at the top of their game.

Nothing the Hawks do will surprise me now that they have to pay Wilson what elite starting QB's make. The last two years they had about a $15-20MM cap advantage over other NFL teams because of him. Not any more...hard to keep all your studs happy...

Nothing the Hawks do will surprise me now that they have to pay Wilson what elite starting QB's make. The last two years they had about a $15-20MM cap advantage over other NFL teams because of him. Not any more...hard to keep all your studs happy...

Seattle has done a fine job keeping their core players under contract. Of course it isn't easy going forward and there is going to be a lot of holes to fill (o-line) but I think they will be fine. They do have to focus on landing great talent through the draft and if they miss a couple times they could be hurt.

I don't know all the details here but I almost always side with the players in contract disputes. The contracts are so one sided typically in the owners favor in that they can cut a guy when they want with years left on the contract. Players in the NFL have such short careers and are always only one play away from either being done or not nearly as good or valuable...I just don't fault them for doing everything they can to maximize their earnings while at the top of their game.

I usually agree with the player as well, as long as they have a year or less left on their deal. Three years? Player has no leverage.

I usually agree with the player as well, as long as they have a year or less left on their deal. Three years? Player has no leverage.

Hard to argue that. Only leverage he has is if the team appears to REALLY miss him when he is not on the field and the fans get restless...