Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Andy Dalton "Injury"

Featured Replies

I haven't been keeping up (too much high school football going on and the NFL comes second) but does anyone think Dalton's injury could have been fudged a little bit to give AJ McCarron a real game experience where he had to come into a game unexpectedly and perform vs. just starting the second half and game four of the preseason?

 

Only "problem" is the experiment went better than planned and may essentially backfire on the Bengals/Lewis/Jackson/Dalton moving forward?

I assume Marvin was extra conservative in pulling AD from the game. Giving AJ first team reps was a byproduct. I think planned experiment is a bit of a stretch.

No, I think they already knew what they had or they wouldn't have released Johnson earlier in the week. I really believe AD tweaked it and it was a Pre-season game and they thought let's not risk it and this will be a good thing to let AJ work with the ones. I think they are glad he did well. Why wouldn't they?

Oh good, another Dalton/McCarron thread.

 

To answer the question: no.

I also don't think it has backfired at all. AJ did exactly what you want your backup to do. Come into the game when the starter goes done and the offense keeps rolling. Teams in the league would pray for a backup QB that is capable of doing that. I don't think one preseason game is going to make people call for Dalton's head any more than they already do. I think it was just a nice luxury to have knowing if AD goes down, AJ can pick up the reigns.

Oh good, another Dalton/McCarron thread.

 

To answer the question: no.

 

Agreed. How many ways do we need to talk about the same topic? :lol2:

I can't believe we aren't talking more about Keith Wenning.

  • Author
Agreed. How many ways do we need to talk about the same topic? :lol2:

 

The whole thing just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

I haven't been keeping up (too much high school football going on and the NFL comes second) but does anyone think Dalton's injury could have been fudged a little bit to give AJ McCarron a real game experience where he had to come into a game unexpectedly and perform vs. just starting the second half and game four of the preseason?

 

Only "problem" is the experiment went better than planned and may essentially backfire on the Bengals/Lewis/Jackson/Dalton moving forward?

No, I don't think so. The Bengals knew they would get a great feel for AJ in game 4 of the preseason.

The whole thing just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

 

How many snaps did AJ take? How does that compare to other backup QB's?

 

Honest question, I have no idea.

The whole thing just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

 

Why? If Marvin wanted AJ in there why not just pull Dalton after he went 6 for 6? No one would question that. Several other starting QBs played very little even though it was Game 3.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.