Interesting thought in regards to Scott's first 2 weeks of the season

norse1

Although it wasn't pretty Scott coughed up a win against NCC in week one and beat Dixie with relative ease in week 2. That means Scott has beaten 2 teams back to back that played in a State Championship last year.. Has any other school ever done that or does Scott finally hold a record ( albeit small) in Kentucky high school football?

Yes 2 fumble recoveries on defense for touchdowns and 3 offensive td's..I completely understand that Dixie is a entirely different team this year than last year as well. I just wondered if a school ever beat multiple teams that played in a state championship the year prior

I think the obvious question centers around their offense.

Am I correct that they scored 2 TDs against Dixie on defense?

I understand the questions about the offense. But, they did improve from last week to this week. I think there are a couple of things to consider. First, is don't forget, Deondre Pleasant has exactly 1 carry, and 1 reception this year, due to a lingering injury. His presence makes them tougher to defend and more explosive. Second, they are starting 2 sophomores, and 4 new players across their line (I'm including the tight end). It's going to take some time for that unit to gel. The big thing is they did improve from week one to week 2. They have Newport this week, and then what should be an interesting game against Conner next week. Offensively, Conner seems to be very good, and it will be the first true test of Scott's defense against a team with some firepower, and the first where they will have to play well on both sides of the ball to get a win.

As far as the original question, I'd guess with 12 teams playing for a title every year, that more than likely, some other team (or teams) have accomplished this before. I'm just waiting to hear people start knocking Scott again for this years schedule, with Newport coming up this week, which if they win, someone will pipe in with the fact that they haven't played anyone, and the one good team they played wasn't at full strength.

Yes 2 fumble recoveries on defense for touchdowns and 3 offensive td's..I completely understand that Dixie is a entirely different team this year than last year as well. I just wondered if a school ever beat multiple teams that played in a state championship the year prior

Nope. Never happened before. It'll be in The Guiness Book by Friday night.

Well, a little different. Cooper in 2012 beat the reigning State Champions Holy Cross and beat the soon to be state champions that year NCC

Little different because both were state champs.

Although it wasn't pretty Scott coughed up a win against NCC in week one and beat Dixie with relative ease in week 2. That means Scott has beaten 2 teams back to back that played in a State Championship last year.. Has any other school ever done that or does Scott finally hold a record ( albeit small) in Kentucky high school football?

Cooper has done the same thing the past two weeks in NCC and HHS.

As far as offense , I would find it in my opinion they run behind the blockers right at the gut and a hole or 2 over. Not so much east and west . The defenses have been loading the box and I think running straight up behind Rice and Tucker will be more effective. The passing game has improved, and we just need to look at the style runners we have and what is to be setting them and the team up for the rest of the season. The backs are good , just not sure the speed is there to run to the sideline and pull blockers every play. They would get more yards running up the gut. This will also help control clock, as Scott obviously wants to do , and keeps us out of delay of games. The weapons are there to make something special with this group. I hope the adjustments will be made . Newport game would be a good one to try out some new stuff . just a thought.