Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EKU Leaving the Ohio Valley Conference?

Featured Replies

Would EKU be D1 in football then?

Would EKU be D1 in football then?

 

Yes. They've been looking to make the move for a couple years. That's the impetus behind their stadium expansion.

EKU is D1 in football now, just FCS instead of FBS.

EKU is D1 in football now, just FCS instead of FBS.

 

True. The old Division I and I-AA monikers have been slow to leave, especially for me. I think most people who talk about I-AA/FCS teams don't consider them Division I, although they in fact are.

The President at EKU seems committed to moving football to FBS and the Sunbelt seems to be the only conference looking to add teams. This decision may come down to EKU or Coastal Carolina. In either case, lots of travel for the Colonels.

 

Personally, I prefer to see them in the MAC. They just beat a bad Miami Ohio team last year and the travel would be better.

  • Author

A source I trust says it's really 50/50. It could actually happen.

I'm sure the move would be financial, driven by football. Not sure that there is any benefit for the basketball team since the OVC champion already gets a bid to the tourney. For football, maybe a trips to TX and LA would help with recruiting down there.

A source I trust says it's really 50/50. It could actually happen.

 

Hasn't the Sun Belt already said they're taking either Eastern or Coastal?

I'd heard this rumored a few months ago. I've wondered what will ultimately become of the OVC. They along with Murray State and Morehead State are the three remaining founding members of the OVC.

I'd heard this rumored a few months ago. I've wondered what will ultimately become of the OVC. They along with Murray State and Morehead State are the three remaining founding members of the OVC.

 

These things have a way of keeping on one way or another. The Missouri Valley is still kicking and Drake is the only original member of that conference that's still in it.

Coastal seems like a school on the rise.

I'm guessing the OVC schools have no interest in moving to FBS for football. Not sure why they wouldn't, doesn't seem like the costs would be prohibitive, especially if you keep the conference as a whole.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.