Best holiday tournament in ky this year

For me its always the Traditional Bank Holiday Classic at LexCath (formerly the Republic Bank Classic). I enjoy the Kentucky flavor of the tourney and LexCath is a great host for the tourney with very nice gym. Enjoyed watching Cameron Justice put up 63 pts a couple of years back.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshall County Hoopfest isn't a TOURNAMENT per se. But it is a great, great event.

What makes the Hoopfest so great is:

1) It's early

2) Out-of-state teams, notably prep-school squads

FWIW, Kentucky teams can't play prep-school squads (who have 5-star guys) because KHSAA forbids teams from playing teams which aren't members of their state association.

• 1 month later...

From looking at the KHSAA website, some of the teams have the tournament down as the Republic Bank Classic and some as the Traditional Bank Classic. I am assuming they are, both, the same tournament. Looks like a good mix of teams. Strong mountain presence. Here are the listed teams:

LexCath

Perry Central

Lou. Trinity

Henry Clay

PLD

Lawrence Co

Cordia

Henderson Co

Bullitt Central

Buckhorn

Ky. Country Day

Knott Central

Frankfort

Western Hills

Just to ask again.....

Does anyone know the field of the Republic Bank Classic at LexCath this year?

I don't know the full field or matchups but I do know the following schools are in...

Lexington Catholic

Henry Clay

Bryan Station

Dunbar

Trinity

Ballard

Frankfort High

Western Hills

Marshall County Hoopfest isn't a TOURNAMENT per se. But it is a great, great event.

What makes the Hoopfest so great is:

1) It's early

2) Out-of-state teams, notably prep-school squads

FWIW, Kentucky teams can't play prep-school squads (who have 5-star guys) because KHSAA forbids teams from playing teams which aren't members of their state association.

Dunbar is in the Marshall County Hoopfest this year and plays J.O. Johnson out of Huntsville, Alabama. They have John Petty who is a 5 STAR in the 2017 class with an offer from UK already amongst a ton of other schools. As long as a school is a member of its state association KY teams can play them. Although most of the schools in the Marshall County Hoopfest are prep schools and aren't members of their high school association.