Favorite Place to Watch a Game

gchs_uk9

Back in the summer, @ATLCat did series of posts on "bests" in Kentucky football. I'm piggy-backing off of him a bit today, but asking "where is your favorite place to watch a game" besides your home stadium. This doesn't have to be the best facility, the prettiest facility, or the newest facility, etc. Just your favorite place to watch a game and why?

Houchens Stadium for obvious reasons :D

I love Putnam Stadium and it is a treat any time to get to watch a game there, but I am actually going to ding it on the premise of "User friendliness". Not the best parking situation and never was the most comfortable.

I will say:

My Winner: Russell- Plenty of ample seating and tall enough visitor bleachers for good sight lines. Always good football. Plenty of parking. Good concessions. Super friendly people. Plus it is an unique venue.

Runner-Up: Shelby Valley- May be a bit surprising but SV actually has a super nice facility. Parking literally is as good as it gets for a visiting fan as you can park and enter behind the visitor's stands. In and out. Very ample seating.

Last Place: Breathitt County- Possibly the worst visitor seating in the entire state. 4 or 5 rickety sets of rusted metal bleachers that are maybe 5 rows high and unless you are standing on the very top row you will struggle to see over the players. Always muddy... even if it hasn't rained in two weeks your shoes will be covered in mud. If you try to sit on the massive home set of bleachers that are covered Breathitt is notorious for some rather, "Hostile" fans shall we say.

Houchens Stadium for obvious reasons :D

I love Putnam Stadium and it is a treat any time to get to watch a game there, but I am actually going to ding it on the premise of "User friendliness". Not the best parking situation and never was the most comfortable.

I will say:

My Winner: Russell- Plenty of ample seating and tall enough visitor bleachers for good sight lines. Always good football. Plenty of parking. Good concessions. Super friendly people. Plus it is an unique venue.

Runner-Up: Shelby Valley- May be a bit surprising but SV actually has a super nice facility. Parking literally is as good as it gets for a visiting fan as you can park and enter behind the visitor's stands. In and out. Very ample seating.

Last Place: Breathitt County- Possibly the worst visitor seating in the entire state. 4 or 5 rickety sets of rusted metal bleachers that are maybe 5 rows high and unless you are standing on the very top row you will struggle to see over the players. Always muddy... even if it hasn't rained in two weeks your shoes will be covered in mud. If you try to sit on the massive home set of bleachers that are covered Breathitt is notorious for some rather, "Hostile" fans shall we say.

The addition of the new middle school gymnasium has created a lot more parking spaces in front of the new school now. It will definitely help with parking. The new bleachers are also more comfortable than the old wooden bleachers too IMO.

Putnam Stadium, hands down. Especially later in the fall around Halloween when the leaves on the trees in the far end zone start to turn. It's a spectacular venue.

I agree with @ATLCat about Breathitt Co. Based on my few experiences there, "hostile" is putting it mildly. Although, I haven't been down there in a long time so perhaps they're a little more welcoming now than they used to be.

War Memorial, in Mayfield, is absolutely the best place to watch a high school. It is also absolutely the worst stadium to need to go to the bathroom in.

Fulton County is the worst stadium because the mosquitos will kill you, even in November!!!

Crittenden Co. has the best place to go potty, btw...:poop: