August 12, 201511 yr I don't care if they were offered money or not, or who offered the money, they are terrorists! Once they accepted the offer and money they became terrorists. If it is that easy to find people to do harm to innocent people, groups like ISIL know it too and are doing the same thing. These were REAL terrorist, they were willing to harm innocent people.
August 12, 201511 yr Author I don't care if they were offered money or not, or who offered the money, they are terrorists! Once they accepted the offer and money they became terrorists. If it is that easy to find people to do harm to innocent people, groups like ISIL know it too and are doing the same thing. These were REAL terrorist, they were willing to harm innocent people. Every day you're trying to manufacture a terrorist you are also not pursuing actual terrorists who are ALREADY planning terrorist activity.
August 12, 201511 yr [ATTACH]51804[/ATTACH] Just a thought. While true I think we passed that point a long long time ago.
August 12, 201511 yr I know the FBI is catching the heat and most of the blame on this, but does the FBI EVER run a case like this without the direct input from the local US Attorney? Unlike the relationship between local District or Commonwealths Attorney and local Police where the latter in most cases investigate and build a case without the former knowing much about it until the investigation is complete. The FBI rarely works a case like this without the US Attorney being directly involved in how the investigation like is carried out and completed.
August 12, 201511 yr While true I think we passed that point a long long time ago. Probably at least since 1981...based on Casey comments from his first staff meeting.
August 13, 201511 yr ROGL. Reminds me of a 'giant demonstration' I witnessed in San Francisco probably 10 years ago. I was walking down Market Street after dinner and noted maybe 10 people with signs protesting at the PG&E building. There were a couple local tv crews there. I didn't think much of it. Saw the demonstration on the news that night and you would have thought there were hundreds of people protesting. All the tight shots and frantic camera movement as the cameraman moved amongst the protesters. Made it look totally out of control like he was getting knocked around. SMH but laughing. Gotta make the news some days.
August 13, 201511 yr I've read about cases where it seems like people who had no desire, plan, or ability to commit terrorism are arrested and convicted as terrorists. I just watched a HB doc called "Newburgh Sting." Newburgh is a very, very poor town 60 miles north of NYC. FBI sent an informant to a mosque there. There was no indication that anyone in the mosque was planning terrorism. Informant didn't have anyone he was supposed to look for. Took him a while but he finally rounded up a guy who was desperate for money. He was told specifically to find Muslim men to recruit for this. They were to be paid $250k. The FBI made sure that there were key aspects of the case to ensure a long sentence. For example, they stored the stinger missile across the state line. They then had the informant take all 4 to pick up the missile to bring it back. Now it's a federal offense. They made sure the weapon going to be used was a weapon that automatically got the 4 25 years in prison. Only 1 of the 4 attended mosque yet the sell job to us was that they were all part of the mosque and had been radicalized. These were 4 guys looking for money. Stupid guys to be sure but in no way were they radicalized terrorists. Why? FBI and Homeland Security needs to keep selling us on how they are keeping us safe. Why? Need more budget. Need to show they have value. Shouldn't the FBI be going after people who have SHOWN at least some sort of inclination? They arrested a husband/wife last week in Mississippi who was going to meet up with ISIS. Those are who we should be going after. Instead, they prey on a nation's fear of a religion and find 4 suckers who want a pay day. These arrests are TV productions in order to make us say "yes, keep at it, boys." Absolutely they do. Every terror plot "stopped" lately in this country was government started and operated. ie...underwear bomber Christmas a while back on the flight to Detroit. You see the one making the rounds after the debate? Christie's biggest accomplishment according to him: https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/06/25/fort-dix-five-terror-plot-the-real-story/
August 14, 201511 yr I watched the doc as well it was a very slanted production. There is a fine line here they are running and I'm torn . Local police forces use similar tactics all the time. One side of me doesn't have sympathy for people willing to destroy us for cash. But on the other I don't know if I'm comfortable manufacturing terrorism. Read about the CIA's opium trade. This whole war is so twisted and, I feel, corrupt. I pray for our soldiers. How Opium is Keeping US in Afghanistan: CIA?s Shady History of Drug Trafficking | MEDIA ROOTS ? Reporting From Outside Party Lines
August 14, 201511 yr Let's assume that the FBI does do this. If the publicity and strong criminal penalties deters other terrorists, is it worth it? No, b/c many real terrorists aren't planning to leave the scene of their crime. They are planning to be spread out over an area after detonation.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.