Bowling Green Middle School

After being a witness to Bowling Green Middle School and their total domination in a game with West Hardin on Saturday, I though I was watching a top tier high school team. Their sheer numbers and size alone were intimidating but when you added the athleticism of this team, they look unstoppable. I also saw Northern Pulaski too, and while they were good, this Bowling Green team could make another run of 48 when they reach high school. They really left an impression on me, especially Vito Tisdale, a freak of nature, man among boys.

Bowling Green's 7th grade (the team you saw Saturday) lost to Johnson County in the playoffs last year. Let's be honest about this weekends game, they weren't playing the stiffest competition. I only say that because Northern beat that West Hardin team 62-0 last season.

Here's an unknown stat for most. Northern Pulaski has played Bowling Green 4 times between both grades at the middle school level since 2010. All games held at BG because BG never wants to make the return trip to Somerset. BG has never scored against Northern. Shutouts in all 4 games.

How did you get a read on how good either team was? East Hardin was significantly better than West. Not even close. Of course BG looked great. They always look good against western KY teams. Eastern KY teams? Not so much. It usually shows in the playoffs. I agree with you that Pulaski vs. Bowling Green would have been the best match-up. You're brainwashed if you think BG would have beaten Northern Pulaski in both grades. It's ok to have that opinion, but I wouldn't guarantee it. This must be your first year covering KY middle school football.

What is Pulaski's record against BG in high school? Didn't the high school teams play in Somerset last season? Didn't the BG high school team lose to a WKY team in the playoffs last season? That's all that matters if we are going to be honest. I've been telling folks for over a year that when this 8th grade group gets to high school another run is coming. You can cast skepticism all you want. Just be prepared to witness.

What is Pulaski's record against BG in high school? Didn't the high school teams play in Somerset last season? Didn't the BG high school team lose to a WKY team in the playoffs last season? That's all that matters if we are going to be honest. I've been telling folks for over a year that when this 8th grade group gets to high school another run is coming. You can cast skepticism all you want. Just be prepared to witness.

I will agree 75% with you PP92, this 8th grade group for BG is something special no doubt, and they have a very good chance at dominating the west again for 4 years or more. Once they meet up with the east teams, not so sure they dominate, but they will be right their with them.

I will agree 75% with you PP92, this 8th grade group for BG is something special no doubt, and they have a very good chance at dominating the west again for 4 years or more. Once they meet up with the east teams, not so sure they dominate, but they will be right their with them.

And the Purples will emerge victorious. Put Highlands on notice. When Kevin Wallace and his staff get these fellas next year just be prepared to witness these next 4 years of pure excitement.

And the Purples will emerge victorious. Put Highlands on notice. When Kevin Wallace and his staff get these fellas next year just be prepared to witness these next 4 years of pure excitement.

We will see :lol2: I think your wrong though on the assumption that Highlands is the team they will have to challenge. :popcorn:

Bowling Green's 7th grade (the team you saw Saturday) lost to Johnson County in the playoffs last year. Let's be honest about this weekends game, they weren't playing the stiffest competition. I only say that because Northern beat that West Hardin team 62-0 last season.

Here's an unknown stat for most. Northern Pulaski has played Bowling Green 4 times between both grades at the middle school level since 2010. All games held at BG because BG never wants to make the return trip to Somerset. BG has never scored against Northern. Shutouts in all 4 games.

Vito Tisdale didn't play in those playoffs though if I am not mistaken. He is the best player in the state hands down he has only played up on 8th grade for the last two seasons.

Vito Tisdale could play in a high school game right now and against your middle to low level teams he could get 150 yards every night.

Seen him play one game last year he carried 9 times, 7 touchdowns and the other two times he was run out of bounds, never tackled.

I've been telling you guys about this year's freshman and this year's 8th grade team. Next year varsity team will have Payne at qb, Carruthers and the freshman (vito) in the backfield, along with the freakish size of a lot of underclassmen.

Special team in the making. Of course their will be a handful of teams that will challenge them (which will make them stronger). It will be special.

Bottom line, if little Vito stays healthy, good grades and keeps his nose clean he could be one of best athletes from the bluegrass in a long time. Honest question, when is last time Kentucky had a top 20 in nation basketball player. He is currently ranked as high as 13th in his class. 2 coaches told me that he is even better on the gridiron. Look out!