For tonight's games, watch for the following players to show:

Walton Verona: Zach Leffler (#9)

Holy Cross: Austin Schultz (#3)

Conner: Charlie Wend (#4)

Simon Kenton: Bryce O'Hara (#8)

Best guess on numbers...

Edited by Sir!
add disclaimer...

Coaches can control who plays where, with whom, and for how much time. But I guarantee the boys are itching to play and will be keyed up to do/show something given the opportunity.

I don't disagree. Just saying that some teams will play starters the entire game and others will sub liberally so the matchups and what kids do in this game aren't always indicative of normal play. Definitely will be good for players to get out and play against someone other than their own team.

For tonight's games, watch for the following players to show:

Walton Verona: Zach Leffler (#9)

Holy Cross: Austin Schultz (#3)

Conner: Charlie Wend (#4)

Simon Kenton: Bryce O'Hara (#8)

Best guess on numbers...

I thought that both O'Hara and Wend looked good tonight, Wend was able to put 3 in the goal, he probably feels like he should have converted a couple more.

Friday:

445 pm Cov Latin verse Calvary

630 pm NCC verse Scott

815 pm St Henry verse Ryle

Sat Morning:

830 am No Game

1015 am Pendleton verse Beechwood

1200 pm Villa verse Carroll

115 pm Boone verse Grant County

Saturday Night:

430 pm Dixie verse Campbell

615 pm Highlands verse Cooper

8 pm Cov. Catholic verse Brossart

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-soccer/soccerama-schedule-change-307499.html

I thought that both O'Hara and Wend looked good tonight, Wend was able to put 3 in the goal, he probably feels like he should have converted a couple more.

SK goalie came up with some clutch saves (mostly on Wend) by getting off his line aggressively. Score easily could have been 7 or 8. SK had some younger players on the field and back line was not toight. Conner looked well organized for this early in the season and Wend is fun to watch.

Agree, with your comments about the SK goalie Sir. There were a couple of times in the second half that Wend got behind the back line and was all alone but the goalie did come out aggressively, like you said... I felt like he cut down his angle well and forced him to shoot sooner than he would have liked.

Was Conners defense under pressure at all?

Early in the game O'Hara penetrated several times and played some great balls across that weren't finished (with the exception of the OG). He also rang one off the crossbar from outside the 18 in the first half. Not much pressure on Conner D second half.

As YC stated, Holy Cross 2, Walton-Verona 0. Don't really want to comment on this one as WV had trouble playing together and the defense has some things to work out.

HC just kept coming at them. Sorry, HC fans, maybe one of you can give us better commentary about the Indians.

The weather was kind of miserable to start out--chilly and just enough of a sprinkle to keep you wet and over time to soak in. By the half the precipitation had stopped and then it wasn't a bad night, if you had thought to bring something to keep you from getting wet in the first place.