Soccerama Update

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott up 1-0 at half on a thru ball to Morgan that he tapped past the keeper. NCC looks good and is dominating possession but nobody to finish. Scott in what looks to be a 4-5-1 with Morgan up top. Both defenses look shaky. NCC needs Hoover at center back. NCC subbing liberally. Scott not so much.

Scott up 1-0 at half on a thru ball to Morgan that he tapped past the keeper. NCC looks good and is dominating possession but nobody to finish. Scott in what looks to be a 4-5-1 with Morgan up top. Both defenses look shaky. NCC needs Hoover at center back. NCC subbing liberally. Scott not so much.

Scott had about 20 players at this match and I know that every single player Scott had got playing time. I also noticed in the second half Trenkamp and Wolf were pulled off the field and sat for atleast 15 minutes. If what I was told was true that was Scott's whole JV and Varsity squad combined and every player got playing time.

1-1 final. Lots of chances for NCC in the second half. Not sure Scott had a shot on goal.

NCC may have had more shots overall but Scott put more shots on goal. You can have 100 shots but if you aren't hitting the target then it isn't doing much good. I believe Scott had atleast 5 shots on target where the goalie came up big.

Hey step over, calm down.....

I think you got out possessed 80-20, Ncc was the better team. We need to finish better, we will work on that this week I'm sure.

Hey DBYELLO, first off I am very calm, didn't mean to come across as otherwise. Second off I don't know why you say " I think you got out-possessed 80-20 " as of I was on the field. You are right about the possession though, I wouldn't go that far with it but NCC forsure hade more possession, unfortunately possession doesn't win soccer games, JUST ask anyone at Cov Cath. Based on the score a draw is a draw, do not think you can come to a conclusion on who is better. Fortunately both teams have time to grow, Come October it will be very exciting for both of these teams I'm sure.

Scott's defense seemed unorganized and the goalie made a couple of good saves to keep the score at one. NCC gave up a goal when the offside trap was foiled by one of their defenders moving back. NCC than double teamed #9 and Scott had trouble mounting an attack.

Yellow Card, thanks for the vote

Come on out tonight, you might see good soccer

I will have to say that I took your advise. I was not disappointed either, I thought that St Henry and Ryle both did a pretty good job of possessing the ball tonight, not many threats on goal though.

Both teams subbed a lot in the second half. Overall I give the nod to NCC.

I would also give the nod to NCC, I thought that they did a little better controlling the run of play, part of this was also due to the style of play Scott was going with. They seemed to be playing as direct as last year but I am not sure they have the players to pull this off this year. Morgan looked good up top but the issue is they do not have someone in the middle to play the role he did last season.

Kudos to the NCC goalie, I feel that he kept them in this one, if not for some nice saves this one could have been pretty lopsided.

Scott is going to have to develop an attack that includes more than Hegerty and Morgan if they want to be successful this year. They're both very nice players but they won't get done on their own anywhere near what Hegerty and Mogan feeding Treadway and Schneider got done last year. Morgan is such a natural passer/creator that I think Scott has to find some other options to push forward in front of Morgan and play a little more soccer.

I saw NCC play at Bluegrass Games and they looked much better against Scott (I thought) than they looked at BGSG. Logan Muck looked good playing a more central role in midfield, but I rhink he's used best when he's in the role of creator and provider than trying to score on his own. I suspect he's being asked to play a bigger role (as well he should) I just think he's best suited to a true #10 as opposed to trying to be a #10 and #9 all in one. Kyle Blesser and Andrew Liles did a nice job playing into attack (and Mitch Otten provides a very athletic option going forward as well). I'd like to see more combination play with those players going forward.