Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Soccerama Update

Featured Replies

As others have commented, hard to draw a lot of conclusions about teams at this point, but I'm interested to watch:

 

Scott: Johnny Trenkamp... fed forward to the attack from outside last year. If he moves up into midfield can he add some more dimension in attack, combine with Morgan and Hegerty and/or provide service from out wide? Looking for the same from Ryan Wolff from the other side.

 

NCC: Justin Randle... I think the NCC defense will have its hands full. JR does a great job at center back, but lots to organize to thwart Scott's attack.

 

St. Henry: DJ Sanders... looking forward to seeing Sanders motor in the midfield. Lots of others to watch. Interested to see how the back line shakes out.

 

Ryle: Nathan Roe... I haven't seen him play, but I'm a big fan of the defensive game so I'm ready to become a believer.

 

This isn't my pick of "best players" in these games -- lots of good players to watch -- just players of interest for various reasons...

Edited by Sir!
type-o

  • Replies 77
  • Views 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have commented, hard to draw a lot of conclusions about teams at this point, but I'm interested to watch:

 

Scott: Johnny Trenkamp... fed forward to the attack from outside last year. If he moves up into midfield can he add some more dimension in attack, combine with Morgan and Hegerty and/or provide service from out wide? Looking for the same from Ryan Wolff from the other side.

 

NCC: Justin Randle... I think the NCC defense will have its hands full. JR does a great job at center back, but lots to organize to thwart Scott's attack.

 

St. Henry: DJ Sanders... looking forward to seeing Sanders motor in the midfield. Lots of others to watch. Interested to see how the back line shakes out.

 

Ryle: Nathan Roe... I haven't seen him play, but I'm a big fan of the defensive game so I'm ready to become a believer.

 

This isn't my pick of "best players" in these games -- lots of good players to watch -- just players of interest for various reasons...

 

I'll go with NCC over Scott and Ryle over St. Henry in these two games.

Agree with OTB.

 

Hard to really pick any winners in these matches when you have no idea what the coaches are trying to accomplish this weekend.

 

I am curious to see if anyone emulates what St Henry did during Soccerama last year, they did end up winning the region a couple months later.

If you guys are afraid to go out on a limb and pick winners then you should just hand in your man-cards I think. I pick Ryle over St. Henry because I do expect they (St. Henry) will play it like a scrimmage and maybe rest players in the second half. NCC and Scott I both expect to play to win but I pick NCC because I just think there is more depth in that program and they will be a bit better this year.

OK, groinpull.... here it goes.

 

I am going with Calvary over Latin, age over youth in this one.

 

I also expect NCC and Scott to play to win, I will have to go with NCC in this matchup (only because I am trying to appease DBLY and keep him from telling us all how good they will be this year and how wrong we are for slighting them).

 

I am going with a tie in the nightcap. Unlike last year, I think St Henry will play more of their starters this go around. I felt like the plan last year was to play a lot of the underclassmen so he could get an idea of who he could add to the Varsity squad and his large Senior class, this year's squad is a little different, I think only a handful of Senior's.

OK, groinpull.... here it goes.

 

I am going with Calvary over Latin, age over youth in this one.

 

I also expect NCC and Scott to play to win, I will have to go with NCC in this matchup (only because I am trying to appease DBLY and keep him from telling us all how good they will be this year and how wrong we are for slighting them).

 

I am going with a tie in the nightcap. Unlike last year, I think St Henry will play more of their starters this go around. I felt like the plan last year was to play a lot of the underclassmen so he could get an idea of who he could add to the Varsity squad and his large Senior class, this year's squad is a little different, I think only a handful of Senior's.

 

Thanks for not taking the easy way out like OTB.

Thanks for not taking the easy way out like OTB.

 

When I see him, probably tomorrow, I will express to him the need to set some stretch goals for the upcoming season.

If St. Henry plays to win, I pick them over Ryle.

 

I think this years Scott team has a lot of growing to do. I do not think the team you see tonight will be the same team come October. I'll go with NCC for this one as well.

Thanks for not taking the easy way out like OTB.

 

It is a gentler, friendlier OTB ........I'm hoping all of the players get participation ribbons and can't wait to form the parents tunnel for the kids to run through after the game.....

It is a gentler, friendlier OTB ........I'm hoping all of the players get participation ribbons and can't wait to form the parents tunnel for the kids to run through after the game.....

 

And remember that some kids have peanut allergies when it's your turn to bring team snacks.

When I see him, probably tomorrow, I will express to him the need to set some stretch goals for the upcoming season.

 

You should be able to find him by the concession stand if you are looking for him.

You should be able to find him by the concession stand if you are looking for him.

 

As long as he does not try to cut in front of me we will have no issues.

Actually........if the venue has the same announcer, we all may be "losers"

 

He was not there last night, praying for the same these next two evenings.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.