August 6, 201511 yr You may be right, but I saw some stats recently comparing the police shootings in the U.S. to other countries, and they were really alarming. This will start an uproar with some (most on here), but that is directly proportional to the number of people that have guns. You won't convince me otherwise. Please understand that I did not say we should get rid of the 2nd Amendment.
August 7, 201511 yr This will start an uproar with some (most on here), but that is directly proportional to the number of people that have guns. You won't convince me otherwise. Please understand that I did not say we should get rid of the 2nd Amendment. While the presence of guns certainly does contribute to the number of officer shootings, I believe there is something else. I'm begining to think that for many people, depriving them of their freedom is not a deterrent. In fact, I believe that for some, incarceration represents an improvement in their standard of living.
August 7, 201511 yr This will start an uproar with some (most on here), but that is directly proportional to the number of people that have guns. You won't convince me otherwise. Please understand that I did not say we should get rid of the 2nd Amendment. I don't think enough people have guns. Arm every adult and see how many are willing to shoot if they are going to have return fire.
August 7, 201511 yr I don't think enough people have guns. Arm every adult and see how many are willing to shoot if they are going to have return fire. SMH
August 7, 201511 yr My way has never been tried. Sure it has and our ancestors left countries without our freedoms to arm ourselves. We created the mecca for freedom since then.
August 7, 201511 yr Sure it has and our ancestors left countries without our freedoms to arm ourselves. We created the mecca for freedom since then. ...killing people who lived here first. Stealing their land, forcing them onto reservations in places we didn't want...until we did watch them, then forcing them out again. We became what we left....
August 7, 201511 yr Sure it has and our ancestors left countries without our freedoms to arm ourselves. We created the mecca for freedom since then. Let me clarify, not in this country. Now Australia has with good results. Of course, Australia has nothing like the 2nd Amendment or NRA. Surely they are not our problem.
August 7, 201511 yr We need to be careful in generalizing. My guess is it's no worse than it's been but, rather, we just see/hear it more now due to technology. If it is no worse now then it was then just means that it has always been a problem. Poorer communities have complained about this for decades and now are just getting a voice b/c of technology. Just because people are in the woods to hear the trees fall doesn't mean that they weren't loud before. Police brutality is a major issue.
August 7, 201511 yr Let me pose this: Car WAS coming at the officer but officer stepped out of the way and then fired from the side. Anything wrong with that? Great question. I will say no just b/c you never know if he'll pull a U-turn and try to not miss the next time.
August 7, 201511 yr Author If it is no worse now then it was then just means that it has always been a problem. Poorer communities have complained about this for decades and now are just getting a voice b/c of technology. Just because people are in the woods to hear the trees fall doesn't mean that they weren't loud before. Police brutality is a major issue. Preaching to the choir. My comment was aimed at one who might think this is new.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.