Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sam DuBose Shooting Video - STABILIZED

Featured Replies

  • Replies 48
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That kind of closes the discussion doesn't it. He should be charged with murder.

 

He was...charged with murder.

I don't know what Ohio's

Murder I laws are, but that definitely looked liked he intended to kill Dubose.

 

It is without question voluntary manslaughter, hopefully it's murder.

Tensing's records are being investigated. He has written 81% of his tickets this year to blacks.

 

As a whole the UC force wrote 61% of their tickets to blacks.

Edited by Clyde

I don't know what Ohio's

Murder I laws are, but that definitely looked liked he intended to kill Dubose.

 

It is without question voluntary manslaughter, hopefully it's murder.

 

He was charged with Murder 2: "(A) No person shall purposely cause the death of another or the unlawful termination of another's pregnancy. "

 

For comparison sake, Voluntary Manslaughter was added as a lesser included offense: "(A) No person, while under the influence of sudden passion or in a sudden fit of rage, either of which is brought on by serious provocation occasioned by the victim that is reasonably sufficient to incite the person into using deadly force, shall knowingly cause the death of another or the unlawful termination of another's pregnancy. "

Oh. I thought I read Ohio didn't have a murder 2.

 

Deters said murder is murder in Ohio.

I'm good with that.

 

Here's the Q&A from the presser:

 

Q: Is this murder in the first degree? Second degree?

 

Deters: There's not murder like that in Ohio. This is a purposeful killing of another person.

 

 

However, I can find wording about 2nd degree online. Not sure.

I couldn't either.

 

The one thing I can say is, 11 years is not enough.

There are no degrees per se in Ohio but two different types of murder. "Aggravated murder" and "murder" are essentially murder 1 and murder 2. Tensing was charged with "murder" which is murder 2. Deters answered that question by citing the statute for murder 2," the purposeful killing of another."

 

Source: Lawriter - ORC

 

To add to this, Ohio statutorily defines the word "purposely" but the definition is a mouthful of words.

 

(A) A person acts purposely when it is the person's specific intention to cause a certain result, or, when the gist of the offense is a prohibition against conduct of a certain nature, regardless of what the offender intends to accomplish thereby, it is the offender's specific intention to engage in conduct of that nature.

 

Source: Lawriter - ORC - 2901.22 Degrees of culpability attached to mental states.

Tensing's records are being investigated. He has written 81% of his tickets this year to blacks.

 

As a whole the UC force wrote 61% of their tickets to blacks.

 

Which is really shocking considering UC's campus is mostly white.

  • Author
Which is really shocking considering UC's campus is mostly white.

 

I just checked their demographics...and wow...UC is 8.3% black, 3.0% Asian, and 2.7% Hispanic. They don't list "caucasian" or "other", but I'd have to assume the remaining 86% of the school's student demographic is caucasian. That does make Tensing's ticket percentages stand out quite a bit.

Which is really shocking considering UC's campus is mostly white.

 

It's not just the campus that they patrol and most traffic tickets are not to students.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.