Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Jesus would say to the Gay Community.

Featured Replies

Well I'll throw in a few cents worth . A wise catholic teacher where my kids went to school had a patent response to religious issues " read the book" We can offer opinions and such but IF , thats a great big IF there , If you think homosexuality is sin , then and only then should the issue clear up a small amount . God would want any person committing any sin at all to stop, regardless of whether its sexual sin or not . The Bible isnt unclear about that . I worry about friends , and loved ones and family, who cling to God loves , God loves God loves but gloss over his judgement and the price that was paid to cover sin. Now how thats going to hash out at judgement I'm uncertain . I see no way that this perfect God is going to overlook my ongoing sin I can't whip but hold a homosexual believer to a different standard . I've said it before and I'll repeat here . I sure hope that homosexuals make it into heaven .. If Jesus's death didnt cover my sin it won't cover theirs . I'm counting on it covering both of us . And as soon I think I might some clarity on the issue it blows up in my face and I question everything about it .. my answer could be the ever popular " it's complicated " ??

  • Replies 36
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will add I appreciate B ball guys post a BUNCH and the other BGP user who publically shared he was gay . I appreciate both of you sharing experiences and just wanted to say you are appreciated much.

I will add I appreciate B ball guys post a BUNCH and the other BGP user who publically shared he was gay . I appreciate both of you sharing experiences and just wanted to say you are appreciated much.

 

Ditto. A perspective worth hearing.

Worth hearing -absolutely. Exalted and glorified-not with these two, but by our national press-disgusting.

  • Author
The Jesus I believe in loves all people. His main message was one of the heart and of loving fellow man and treating each other with respect.

 

I've heard this before and understand. I must say though that I have read all four gospels several times and Jesus spoke of love, respect, and positive relationships a lot. But he also spoke several times about obedience, punishment, survival, and condemnation of corrupt officials. He spoke of loving God with all heart, mind, soul, and strength. He spoke of loving your neighbor as yourself. But he spoke just as often about sacrifices, turning away form sin, proper ways to pray and fast. He spoke of money and taxes. He spoke of divorce, adultery, racism, oaths, and other things including punishments.

 

Jesus spoke about a lot more than just love and respect. But Jesus is love and he does command us to love each other.

You don't care about anything to do with Christianity.

 

Jesus did not come to save you. He came to save those who would listen to Him.

 

Wrong. Jesus came to save everyone.

 

1 John 2:2

 

Luke 19:10

 

Matthew 18:11

Wrong. Jesus came to save everyone.

 

1 John 2:2

 

Luke 19:10

 

Matthew 18:11

 

This has always been my interpretation as well.

 

Those who come to know Jesus and ask for his salvation will receive it, regardless of their actions. It's always been my belief that everyone, be a rapist, a murderer, or any other lowest of the low, will be saved if they have truly repented and turn to Christ.

 

If that's the case, I have no reason to believe that he'd turn a blind eye to the Gay community (which I'm not even certain is a sin).

 

My take anyways. :idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.