Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NJIT replaces NKU in A-Sun

Featured Replies

Multiple reports Thursday afternoon have college hoops' lone independent program, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), joining the Atlantic Sun.

 

A formal announcement of the coalition is expected on Friday.

 

NJIT is one of 351 teams in men's D-I. The program has been at the Division I level since 2006-07, and was part of the geographically wonky Great West conference from 2009 until the league dissolved in 2013.

 

The A-Sun addition of NJIT is a replacement move, as Northern Kentucky officially leaves the conference for the Horizon League on July 1. NJIT made headlines last season when it went to Ann Arbor and defeated Michigan. Jim Engles' team finished the season at 21-12.

Tons of long trips but I guess they have that down pat.

Certainly not the best fit for NJIT, but they had to get re-aligned with a conference, any conference. I can't imagine trying to put together a schedule as an independent today, much less how much a school like NJIT would have to win as an independent to have a prayer of getting an NCAA bid.

 

The program really made strides last season. I guess the school's recruiting base is solid with Jersey and NYC, Philly, etc. all in the neighborhood. Maybe you sell them on trips south in January and turn the long trips into a recruiting tool.

That's the team that beat Michigan not long ago.

That's the team that beat Michigan not long ago.

 

Hmmm Mr. Obvious, I guess maybe you saw that in the first post in this thread?

Hmmm Mr. Obvious, I guess maybe you saw that in the first post in this thread?

 

That's the team that beat Michigan not long ago.

If NJIT joining your conference doesn't get you excited I don't know what will...

Didn't they beat Michigan last season?

 

You must be in Mcpapa's bridge club.

If I'm from an ASun school and have to choose between Highland Heights and NYC, I'd most definitely go to the big apple IF I'm on a plane. A bus trip from the deep south to New Jersey, in the winter? no thanks.

If NJIT joining your conference doesn't get you excited I don't know what will...

 

Uhhhh, NKU leaving for the Horizon ? Totally jacked about this one

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.