Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steve Prohm to Iowa State

Featured Replies

Interviewed late last week down in Atlanta.

 

Best of luck and thanks for all that you did for the Racer program. :thumb:

ISU will be getting a good one. Hope it works out well for him in Ames and he continues to climb the ladder.

  • Author

Interested to see who Murray State taps for the job. The lead assistant under Prohm (Matt McMahon) left for Louisiana Tech a couple weeks ago. With losing he and Cameron Payne it was a good time to leave, though they should have a really good back court next season. Not sure if they will look back at McMahon, maybe look at Isaac Chew who used to be an assistant under Kennedy/Prohm, but has now spent time at Missouri, Marquette, and Virginia Tech.

Murray has had a heck of a run in getting good coaches.

  • Author

In reverse order:

 

Steve Prohm ---> Iowa State

Billy Kennedy ---> Texas A&M

Mick Cronin ---> Cincinatti

Tevester Anderson ---> Jackson State University

Mark Gottfried ---> Alabama

Scott Edgar ---> Duquense

Steve Newton ---> South Carolina

Ron Greene ---> Indiana State

 

Not sure before that.

Being an Racer alum, I will take Kelly Wells!

Hate it for the Racers but happy for Prohm. He really is a good person and coach.

Good luck and best wishes for Coach Prohm at Iowa State. Thanks for the memories, especially for the 2011-12 season where Dickie V. was wowed on his visit to Calloway County, Ky. Some names to ponder for the Murray State opening along with McMahon and May:

1. John Pelphrey

2. Darrin Horn

3. Ronald "Popeye" Jones

4. Rick Stansbury

Didn't Horn have a rep for being a bit of jerk at WKU? I could be wrong but I thought I recalled hearing that.

Didn't Horn have a rep for being a bit of jerk at WKU? I could be wrong but I thought I recalled hearing that.

 

Close, Horn is a jerk and what was suspected at WKU was verified in spades at South Carolina. He is also a bold-faced liar, but since 100% of coaches look right into the camera and lie at nearly every press conference ever held, I have to give him a slight pass on that one.

Racer bball is a big part of the Murray Community. I don't think Horn is a good fit

  • Author
Bugatti, any legs to Shumate as a possibility?

I don't believe so. My money would be on Matt McMahon being brought back.

Interviewing McMahon and current assistant William Small

 

Announcing new head coach at 4:00

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.