Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steve Prohm to Iowa State

Featured Replies

  • Author

I am fine with the hire, but I am upset with the process. Maybe I have an overinflated view of Murray State, but you could have at least made more of an effort and pick up the phone. Just come off as so small townish. They haven't hired a firm to bring in a coach since Hatcher was hired.

I am fine with the hire, but I am upset with the process. Maybe I have an overinflated view of Murray State, but you could have at least made more of an effort and pick up the phone. Just come off as so small townish. They haven't hired a firm to bring in a coach since Hatcher was hired.

 

I think you were spot on until you typed the last sentence. Xavier hasn't used a search firm for any of their hires, and that trend I believe will grow. If an AD can't hire a coach on his own he (or she) should be fired. Firms are largely a charade and do nothing but parade "their guys" in front of the hiring authorities.

 

Beyond that, I agree with your point 100%. I think they could have had a bevy of solid candidates, and it does come off a little small-time. That said, I'm sure their AD and University President know what they are doing. You'd hope.

I think you were spot on until you typed the last sentence. Xavier hasn't used a search firm for any of their hires, and that trend I believe will grow. If an AD can't hire a coach on his own he (or she) should be fired. Firms are largely a charade and do nothing but parade "their guys" in front of the hiring authorities.

 

Beyond that, I agree with your point 100%. I think they could have had a bevy of solid candidates, and it does come off a little small-time. That said, I'm sure their AD and University President know what they are doing. You'd hope.

 

ADs hire search firms to stay in the network and at the front of the line when new jobs open (as you know). Corruption and incompetence at its finest...

  • Author
I think you were spot on until you typed the last sentence. Xavier hasn't used a search firm for any of their hires, and that trend I believe will grow. If an AD can't hire a coach on his own he (or she) should be fired. Firms are largely a charade and do nothing but parade "their guys" in front of the hiring authorities.

 

Beyond that, I agree with your point 100%. I think they could have had a bevy of solid candidates, and it does come off a little small-time. That said, I'm sure their AD and University President know what they are doing. You'd hope.

Fair enough. And I say "firm" only on the assumption they utilized one. Pretty sure they did, more so hammering the point that they went beyond looking inside only. This is a pipeline hire. Kennedy was Allen Ward's (AD) guy. He brought in Prohm who had McMahon on staff. I think Universities can become victims of established cultures and get comfortable. By all indications McMahon seems to be ready to lead a program. He was rumored to be in the running for the Appalachian State job last off season.

I think the decision was made to

hire McMahon quickly to keep the nucleus of last year's team minus Payne and continue the momentum Prohm started. We will see how this hire goes in a year or two. I also wonder how miffed the folks at Louisiana Tech are about this?

N

I think the decision was made to

hire McMahon quickly to keep the nucleus of last year's team minus Payne and continue the momentum Prohm started. We will see how this hire goes in a year or two. I also wonder how miffed the folks at Louisiana Tech are about this?

 

According to the Paducah Sun both the head coach and AD were perfectly fine with it. The head coach is good friends with McMahon and asked what he could do for him to get the job.

  • Author
N

 

According to the Paducah Sun both the head coach and AD were perfectly fine with it. The head coach is good friends with McMahon and asked what he could do for him to get the job.

 

Yeah, you can't get mad at the guy. All these coaches know the routine. Once your break comes about, they will let you go to pursue your dreams. They had to know it was a possibility when they hired McMahon.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.