Newport Central Catholic 2015

Ram

Guest comeonman

He really only played Defense his freshman yr. An split carries the other 2yrs. Everson was really the only RB option.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly let's move on from Smith. We don't want to take anything away from the rest if the young men who work extremely hard to make NCC successful. I don't think Smith cares about being the best, he just wants to help his team win.

I did say Smith has to stay healthy and that is true but NCC has a couple of other RBs that can rip off yardage too. They need to balance the offense with the pass and run to beat the top teams in 2A.

Defense they need to stop the pass. Too much free yardage given away there last year.

Smith has been playing varsity since he was a freshman. The total carries for the two of them might closer than you think with Smith perhaps ending with more career carries.

Smith doesn't get as many carries because they pass the ball a lot he already has a bunch of catches.

I expect the NCC defense will be a strong point for them this season, including a better pass defense.

Well they did lose their Safety and maybe their best DB so they won't be all that experienced in the secondary. Of course pass defense can be helped by a good pass rush up front.

Safety was a very good and smart football player but likely out of position at safety. They will add speed to that position this year and should be fine on the corners. Pass rush will be much improved with experience returning up the middle and on both ends. Also have Tallon and couple other linebackers returning with experience.

A post season matchup with Mayfield would be very intriguing. I'm very curious to see if Mayfield can be as dominant in 2A as they were in 1A.

There are some huge and daunting obstacles in the way in the west bracket for the Cards to even get to a matchup with the Breds but I would relish a NCC matchup more than any other if the Cards can somehow manage to run the gauntlet that is the west bracket. I played in the mid 80's and we met twice back then taking 2 titles at the Breds expense. The Breds got 1 back in 2005 I think it was and that is the only loss Mf has ever had to a team from NKY. I can't think of anyone else I would want to see in a title game if we are lucky enough to survive the west. A perfect Bw replacement! Think of the fun that would be had by all on here if these 2 were to meet with the large number of fans from both on here. I am pulling for you Breds to make it to BG but the tougher task will be for the Cards to make it that far

There are some huge and daunting obstacles in the way in the west bracket for the Cards to even get to a matchup with the Breds but I would relish a NCC matchup more than any other if the Cards can somehow manage to run the gauntlet that is the west bracket. I played in the mid 80's and we met twice back then taking 2 titles at the Breds expense. The Breds got 1 back in 2005 I think it was and that is the only loss Mf has ever had to a team from NKY. I can't think of anyone else I would want to see in a title game if we are lucky enough to survive the west. A perfect Bw replacement! Think of the fun that would be had by all on here if these 2 were to meet with the large number of fans from both on here. I am pulling for you Breds to make it to BG but the tougher task will be for the Cards to make it that far

Good point. Who do people feel is the main threat on NCC's side of the bracket?

Good point. Who do people feel is the main threat on NCC's side of the bracket?

NCC will be there own worst enemy. It's NCC first, then everyone else. The only way NCC doesn't make the finals is if they get moved to the western side of the bracket like Beechwood.

Well I guess we can thank God that all we need to win is our district since we are so bad we can't win anything else.

Well against that schedule of larger schools and the top 1A school 2-5 would be decent 3-4 would be pretty good. Anything more would be gravy.

I think they'll beat Scott and Conner, be a toss up with Campbell and Beechwood and underdogs to Cooper and Belfry. The problem with the small schools playing the much bigger schools is the depth on the line. NCC will have too many lineman playing both ways and it makes it tough late in the game.

I think it's a good non-conference schedule mixed with challenging matchups and not necessarily as overwhelming as in recent years.