May 21, 201511 yr Well in NYC, violent crimes have been decreasing for years. Not sure about other big cities (I know Chicago is horrible for black youths being killed). It's hard to expect cops to "prevent" crimes. The problem will be if criminals feel emboldened because they see cops "mailing it in"...then violent crime could definitely increase. I agree with PP92...I am glad I don't live in the inner-city.
May 21, 201511 yr Yeah, because they do such an awesome job of preventing crime in the inner city now. :lol2: If you actually research murder stats in NYC they have dropped significantly over the last several years. If I remember correctly they went from several murders city wide per day, to less than one per day.
May 21, 201511 yr If you actually research murder stats in NYC they have dropped significantly over the last several years. If I remember correctly they went from several murders city wide per day, to less than one per day. So much for that now though, huh? Cops are bailing on the blacks in the inner cities because of some isolated incidents so the crime rates are about to rise again. Was good while it lasted.
May 21, 201511 yr So much for that now though, huh? Cops are bailing on the blacks in the inner cities because of some isolated incidents so the crime rates are about to rise again. Was good while it lasted. I haven't seen anything supporting that.
May 21, 201511 yr I haven't seen anything supporting that. Clarke said there will be more black victims of crime because of the criticizing of police departments.
May 21, 201511 yr Then they should quit. Let's say for example a police officer has went to college, been on the job for 10 plus years and has done nothing but and has a wife, 3 kids and bills to pay. Is he supposed to all of a sudden be able to get another job or be hired in a job he isn't familiar with and change occupations. It's like my aunt who worked in a factory for 20+ years and her job moved and she has no college or any other job experience, she don't know what else to do.
May 21, 201511 yr The easiest explanation I can think of for this situation regarding law enforcement would be this: Adapt to the changing world or things are going to end badly for all parties involved.
May 21, 201511 yr Let's say for example a police officer has went to college, been on the job for 10 plus years and has done nothing but and has a wife, 3 kids and bills to pay. Is he supposed to all of a sudden be able to get another job or be hired in a job he isn't familiar with and change occupations. It's like my aunt who worked in a factory for 20+ years and her job moved and she has no college or any other job experience, she don't know what else to do. I don't want a cop "protecting and serving" me who isn't up to "protecting and serving" me.
May 21, 201511 yr Clarke said there will be more black victims of crime because of the criticizing of police departments. I actually read it now and see what you are saying. He makes some good points, supported by facts.
May 21, 201511 yr Author I thought this was an excellent point made by Sheriff Calrke: Black-on-black crime is the elephant in the room that few want to talk about. We can talk about police use of force but it doesn’t start with transforming the police profession. It starts by asking why we need so much assertive policing in the American ghetto. Are police officers perfect? Not by any stretch of the imagination. Are police agencies perfect? Not… even… close. But we are the best our communities have to offer. Instead, the conversation should be about transforming Black underclass subculture behavior. The discussion must start with addressing the behavior of people who have no respect for authority, who fight with and try to disarm the police, who flee the police, and who engage in other flawed lifestyle choices. Bashing the police is the low-hanging fruit. It is easier to talk about the rare killing of a Black male by police because emotion can be exploited for political advantage. The police are easier to throw overboard because they can’t fight back politically. This however is counter-productive and will lead to police pulling back in high crime areas where good law-abiding Black people live. Black people will be the losers in all this as violent crime rates skyrocket over time. This means more…Black…crime victims.
May 21, 201511 yr I don't want a cop "protecting and serving" me who isn't up to "protecting and serving" me. I agree with that but in the real world today, you may get more of just that. Let me ask you this...would you want your son or daughter to be a cop based on what they have to deal with now?
May 21, 201511 yr I actually read it now and see what you are saying. He makes some good points, supported by facts. I thought it was interesting how he used percentages instead of the actual numbers to accentuate his facts. He downplays the number of people in jail for drug related crimes by saying only .5% of the black male population in jail would be released if non violent offenders were released. .5% nationwide is a pretty significant number isn't it?
May 21, 201511 yr I thought this was an excellent point made by Sheriff Calrke: Black-on-black crime is the elephant in the room that few want to talk about. We can talk about police use of force but it doesn’t start with transforming the police profession. It starts by asking why we need so much assertive policing in the American ghetto. Are police officers perfect? Not by any stretch of the imagination. Are police agencies perfect? Not… even… close. But we are the best our communities have to offer. Instead, the conversation should be about transforming Black underclass subculture behavior. The discussion must start with addressing the behavior of people who have no respect for authority, who fight with and try to disarm the police, who flee the police, and who engage in other flawed lifestyle choices. Bashing the police is the low-hanging fruit. It is easier to talk about the rare killing of a Black male by police because emotion can be exploited for political advantage. The police are easier to throw overboard because they can’t fight back politically. This however is counter-productive and will lead to police pulling back in high crime areas where good law-abiding Black people live. Black people will be the losers in all this as violent crime rates skyrocket over time. This means more…Black…crime victims. People don't want to talk about that objectively.
May 21, 201511 yr I agree with that but in the real world today, you may get more of just that. Let me ask you this...would you want your son or daughter to be a cop based on what they have to deal with now? Sure. If that is what they choose to do then they'll have my full support.
May 21, 201511 yr I thought it was interesting how he used percentages instead of the actual numbers to accentuate his facts. He downplays the number of people in jail for drug related crimes by saying only .5% of the black male population in jail would be released if non violent offenders were released. .5% nationwide is a pretty significant number isn't it? That has nothing to do with police, to be honest. But I think his point was that not many (percentage wise) of the black males in prison are there for non violent drug charges only. I think his point was that the overwhelming majority are there for other reasons as well. Also it would be interesting to see how many (in percentages) people of other races are in prison for non violent drug charges only.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.